SkyDemon Forums

Garmin D2 integration

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic10847.aspx

By Aky - 12/16/2013 5:02:46 PM

Are there any plans to integrate sending of the Flight Plan to Garmin D2 watch via iPhone/iPad?

It works via PC, connecting D2 as a Mass Storage device and saving route as GPX directly to D2.

A.
By OrtiMai - 9/14/2022 10:41:40 AM

Aky - 12/16/2013 5:02:46 PM
Are there any plans to integrate sending of the Flight Plan to Garmin D2 watch via iPhone/iPad?

It works via PC, connecting D2 as a Mass Storage device and saving route as GPX directly to D2.

A.

I found this way and maybe it's the one, you just described: Get "Garmin Basecamp" first. Then get a nice map. (Google "open streetmap garmin basecamp") After installing open streetmap, you can place waypoints to your favorite airfields. Then, connect your USB-Cable to the watch and basecamp will show your watch. You can now drag and drop your newly created waypoints to the watch-folder. Disconnect your watch and you will find your new waypoints under NAVIGATE >> Saved Locations. You will be able to fly to these waypoints.

You can create a "track" with basecamp as well and send it to the watch, but the watch won't show it, as it's locked to the "connext feature" of Garmin Pilot. You can't modify the shown connext-flightplan as well, but you can backup it.

You said, that you are able to send a GPX to the watch. If you mean a "track" yes. But it's not accessible in the watch. Is there another way? I'm testing here with a D2 Air X10. I know that the map-watches have more features, like the "Mach 1".