Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Flight plan confirmation email missing

Author
G
Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
SD 3.8.1.72
iPad 4 mini
(same problem with PC Version)

Hi,

when filing a flight plan, a message window appears saying I will receive a confirmation email.
I never received such an email.
(Spam filter checked)

When filing a delay via the web interface, i get an email!

It would be also helpful, if flight plan related emails would contain always the full flight plan.
In Italy, there are sometimes problems with flight plans filed from Germany.
In such cases, i have to file the plan again from the departing airport. A printout of the plan would be quite helpful.

Thanks in advance for fixing!

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)
We send hundreds of these confirmation emails every day. If you haven't received one, it has been blocked by a spam filter somewhere. I'm afraid it's rather beyond our control.
Easy Cruising
Easy Cruising
Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)
Not sure if it'll help but I had this exact same problem. After a certain date I could never get the SD confirmation email from (flightplans@skydemon.aero) sent to my @gmx.net   email account. I couldn't find any active spam filter against these confirmation emails. SD support confirmed the emails had been sent but couldn't help me find out why they never arrived. In the end I had to change the email address I was using with SD to an @gmail.com  address and since then all worked fine.
Gerhard66
G
Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)
Easy Cruising - 6/21/2017 1:06:33 PM
Not sure if it'll help but I had this exact same problem. After a certain date I could never get the SD confirmation email from (flightplans@skydemon.aero) sent to my @gmx.net   email account. I couldn't find any active spam filter against these confirmation emails. SD support confirmed the emails had been sent but couldn't help me find out why they never arrived. In the end I had to change the email address I was using with SD to an @gmail.com  address and since then all worked fine.
My account is hosted at WEB.DE, which is the same provider as GMX !

@Tim‌:
WEB.DE and GMX.NET belong together with many other trade marks to United Internet, one of the biggest providers in Europe.
‌I just called the technical support of ‌WEB.DE.
‌They told me that there is no other general spamfilter in the email path.

If they reject an email for any reason, their server always sends an answer back to the sender, indicating the reason.
‌‌He also said, that many senders do not evaluate all kinds of answers, especially in special cases.

Th‌‌e strange thing is also, that I do receive all confirmation eMails when filing a delay via the web interface!
This lets me think, the problem is not on my side...‌

So I'm asking‌ you could you please check the low level answer that you receive from the server of my email provider.
If it helps, I will file a new flightplan and delay it later and finally delete it. Just tell me, when you are ready and lie on lookout for the answer from my providers server.

Easy Cruising
Easy Cruising
Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)
Gerhard66 - 6/21/2017 1:29:09 PM

@Tim‌:
WEB.DE and GMX.NET belong together with many other trade marks to United Internet, one of the biggest providers in Europe.

If they reject an email for any reason, their server always sends an answer back to the sender, indicating the reason.
‌‌He also said, that many senders do not evaluate all kinds of answers, especially in special cases.

Th‌‌e strange thing is also, that I do receive all confirmation eMails when filing a delay via the web interface!

So I'm asking‌ you could you please check the low level answer that you receive from the server of my email provider.
If it helps, I will file a new flightplan and delay it later and finally delete it. Just tell me, when you are ready and lie on lookout for the answer from my providers server.

fyi - I also tried to get SD support to track down any bounce-back emails but they said it was an automated system and they couldn't do that, so I gave up and changed my email account.
Gerhard66
G
Easy Cruising - 6/21/2017 1:32:24 PM
Gerhard66 - 6/21/2017 1:29:09 PM

@Tim‌:

fyi - I also tried to get SD support to track down any bounce-back emails but they said it was an automated system and they couldn't do that, so I gave up and changed my email account.

The answer from the web interface is probably another piece of software that works correctly.
I'm sure, the prob‌lem is in their automated system.
There is no system, that cannot be checked an de‌bugged. If it's only a few 100s of eMails per day, simple log file can do the job.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search