Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Data file of actual track.

Author
jimdharris
Too Much Forum (388 reputation)Too Much Forum (388 reputation)Too Much Forum (388 reputation)Too Much Forum (388 reputation)Too Much Forum (388 reputation)Too Much Forum (388 reputation)Too Much Forum (388 reputation)Too Much Forum (388 reputation)Too Much Forum (388 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Is it possible to view the point by point records of an actual flight to see speed, altitude, time, etc? I can view my actual tracks on SD or Google Earth, but would like to have access to more detail. If this is already possible, I must have missed it in the manuals.
Jim Harris

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
The speed recorded isn't calculated from distances; it's the real-time speed as returned by the GPS at the time the snapshot is taken. Most consumer GPS units use much cleverer stuff than just time-between-points to measure distances.

You can also drag the mini aircraft symbol along your flight in SkyDemon (in the virtual radar) to see your speed, altitude etc at all points.
jimdharris
jimdharris
Too Much Forum (388 reputation)Too Much Forum (388 reputation)Too Much Forum (388 reputation)Too Much Forum (388 reputation)Too Much Forum (388 reputation)Too Much Forum (388 reputation)Too Much Forum (388 reputation)Too Much Forum (388 reputation)Too Much Forum (388 reputation)
Thanks Tim, but I'm not there yet.
I can see the track log on the map and on the virtual radar (on my PC), but how do I get a  'mini aircraft symbol' - I just have a standard white arrow pointer.
I'm obviously missing something!
Jim Harris
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Jim, perhaps you could post a screenshot of what you're seeing. The white aircraft symbol that can be dragged around is in the virtual radar window. The documentation almost certainly covers this too.

Shifu, I'm no expect on this either. I just Googled "how gps measures speed" though and a number of helpful results appeared. In short they measure Doppler shift and use this to supplement the change in position over time, it would seem.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search