Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Switzerland TMA VFR transit routes

Author
acassata
Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello SD team,
In Switzerland a few TMAs have transit routes. If I do not miss anything:
- Geneva TMA: "Transit Center" and "Transit South"
- Bern TMA: "Transit North" and "Transit South"
These routes are not shown up on IGN France chart, but are shown on Cartabossy and, of course, Skyguide Switzerland charts. They are special VFR routes, because no VRP are associated to them. They are defined by segments of VOR radials, except for Bern Transit North.
Do you can display these transit routes ?

Alexandre
Based at LSGL (Lausanne - La Blécherette, in Switzerland)

Chris_LSZO
Chris_LSZO
Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)
Just for refine a screenshot of Bern:
http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/big/79q6-7b-e941.jpg

Chris
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)
I can ask my colleague to look into whether we can incorporate these. Do you know where they are defined in AIP Switzerland? We will need official data to produce and maintain them from, not just a chart, of course.
acassata
acassata
Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)
Since I did not find anything in the AIP by myself, I asked to Skyguide and the response is:

in Switzerland, we do not have any Designated Points for VFR- Transit Routes.

There are no exactly defined VFR Transit Routes.

All provided informations you will find on the AREA charts.

Alexandre

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)
That sounds like these "routes" do not officially exist, and they have been invented by the author of the chart you were looking at. That is not a good basis for SkyDemon incorporating them, as we only incorporate official data.
acassata
acassata
The author of this chart is swisstopo (the Swiss Federal Office of the Topography). It is the chart provided by Skyguide with the official VFR AIP, i.e. the official ICAO chart.
If you want to have a look at this chart: https://map.geo.admin.ch/?topic=ech&lang=fr&bgLayer=ch.swisstopo.pixelkarte-farbe&layers=ch.bazl.luftfahrtkarten-icao

Moreover, I used several times the Transit of South of Geneva TMA and The ATC (Skyguide), Geneva Information, knows this route, when I talk about it. I know many pilots using these transit routes.

I understand that it seems strange, but it is completely official. I obtained the quoted response from Skyguide, which is ATC and AIP provider for Switzerland. Skyguide is a private company "under a legal mandate issued by the Swiss Confederation and the Federal Office of Civil Aviation (FOCA), Switzerland’s national aviation authority".

Alexandre

Edited 11/18/2015 2:08:45 PM by acassata
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Regardless of the "official" status of that particular chart, we cannot reasonably incorporate aeronautical data by reverse-engineering somebody else's chart. If these are official routes that ATC might ask a pilot to follow, it does not make sense that they are not mentioned anywhere in the AIP. Perhaps you could continue your conversation with AIS Switzerland by asking if they plan to incorporate them?
greg
greg
Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)
Tim,
the routes are published in the VFR guide chart Bern VFR Area Chart (LSZB AREA 9)
Greg

acassata
acassata
I am not sure that it is what Tim needs.
But, if that helps, the Arrival chart of Geneva in VFR Manual, LSGG AREA 25, shows the transit routes for Geneva TMA

Alexandre

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
I have asked my colleague who deals with Switzerland data to look into the possibility.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search