Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Skydemon PC 3.4.0.5 loops forever while downloading plates

Author
InfrequentFlyer
Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Today when I tried to download a plate, Skydemon (PC, v3.4.0.5 on W7 64-bit) hangs when downloading the plate.  The "Downloading plate" window appears, but it loops continuosly downloading the plate again and again:

http://forums.skydemon.aero/uploads/images/e41e9cae-32b0-498d-a092-03c2.jpg

The only way I can stop the infinite loop is to try to kill the little window if I'm fast enough clicking the close button, or to disable the network (or kill SkyDemon). 

Having killed the downloading window, it appears that the plate has downloaded OK, so it appears green in the plate list, and if I try to open it, it doesn't try to download it again.  But any time I try to open a plate that hasn't previously been downloaded, it loops forever, apparently downloading the plate over and over again.

I tried removing SkyDemon, all user data from C:\Users\<username>\Documents\SkyDemon and plates from C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Divelements Limited and reloading SkyDemon 3.4.0 and the problem persists - infinite looping whenever it downloads a plate.

I then reloaded v3.3.2 (without deleting any user data) and it works fine.  The Android version of 3.4 also works fine for me. 

A problem with the PC version of 3.4, or am I doing something wrong? 

Edited 8/16/2015 10:36:35 AM by InfrequentFlyer
mickelb
mickelb
Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)
Same problem here on Win 7. Reported by email but no response. Until fixed, how do I revert to previous version that worked?
InfrequentFlyer
InfrequentFlyer
Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)
mickelb (8/16/2015)
Same problem here on Win 7. Reported by email but no response. Until fixed, how do I revert to previous version that worked?

I couldn't find old copies on the SkyDemon site, but fortunately the previous version was still in my Recyle Bin, so I could retrieve it and reinstall it.  I've put it on Dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sv7a7omhv78kp5n/SkyDemonSetup%20v3.3.2.exe?dl=0

Edited 8/16/2015 8:15:49 AM by InfrequentFlyer
InfrequentFlyer
InfrequentFlyer
Can anyone confirm if they have been able to download any plates in the PC version 3.4 (13th August)? 

mickelb and I have had the problems I described in the top post, but I was wondering is it just us (in which case I'll look for problems on my PC) or is there an issue with v3.4 for the PC? 

ckurz7000
ckurz7000
Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)
I can confirm the problem. The latest version of SD on the PC never stops downloading when asked to download a single plate. As soon as the download window closes it re-opens at downloads it anew.

-- Chris.

mickelb
mickelb
Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)
Any progress on a fix yet?
Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)
I do not have the problem described, but that may be because I am still running Windows XP.

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

InfrequentFlyer
InfrequentFlyer
Sky Painter (8/18/2015)
I do not have the problem described, but that may be because I am still running Windows XP.

Nexus 7 (2013) – Android 5.1.1 & SD 3.4.0.21322
PC – Win XP Home SP3 & SD 3.3.2.4

Are you using SkyDemon 3.4 on your PC, or version 3.3.2.4? 

Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)
InfrequentFlyer (8/18/2015)
Sky Painter (8/18/2015)

Nexus 7 (2013) – Android 5.1.1 & SD 3.4.0.21322
PC – Win XP Home SP3 & SD 3.3.2.4

Are you using SkyDemon 3.4 on your PC, or version 3.3.2.4? 

Mmmmmm. I thought I was using SD v3.4, but it appears that I am still using v3.3.2.4. Why did I think this? Because in the past whenever I've opened up SD and I'm running a version that has been superseded, SD has always offered me the option to install the update, but so far, I've not been offered any update, so I assumed I was using the latest version (regardless of what my signature indicates, which I sometimes forget to update for a while). I hope that makes sense.

In view of what I've read in this thread, I will NOT be updating to v3.4 if offered it, until the problem has been fixed.

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

Christof
Christof
Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)
Indeed, i have also the same problem when trying to download a chart/plate.
I work on PC with Windows 7.
The screen starts to flicker and it does not stop.
Can Skydemon send a message when it will be fixed ?
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search