Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Critical NOTAM Information maybe misplaced?

Author
mrpilot
Too Much Forum (333 reputation)Too Much Forum (333 reputation)Too Much Forum (333 reputation)Too Much Forum (333 reputation)Too Much Forum (333 reputation)Too Much Forum (333 reputation)Too Much Forum (333 reputation)Too Much Forum (333 reputation)Too Much Forum (333 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dear Skydemon-Team,

pls check the following screen indicating the current Telfs RA in Skydemon, this communicates that I cannot fly through southern bavarian airspace without special permission, two NOTAMS (to file FP when crossing AT borader + Telfs RA) share the same area.

http://forums.skydemon.aero/uploads/images/2bd00457-8d4e-4ae7-aeb8-69ec.jpg

Pls check this screen, taken from the official AIS NOTAM briefing:
http://forums.skydemon.aero/uploads/images/45f7c03f-1215-43cf-b29f-e4b1.jpg

This view clearly show two different areas for the two NOTAMS and this clearly limits the Telfs RA to the very S of bavaria which would allow my planned VFR-Route.

Did I missunderstand sth. I´m not sure if I can trust the Skydemon info here? Next to this I´m clearing it with the DFS by phone of course to not initiate a "military excercise" Wink

Best,
Markus

Tags
Daniel_KDF
Daniel_KDF
Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)
mrpilot
mrpilot
Too Much Forum (333 reputation)Too Much Forum (333 reputation)Too Much Forum (333 reputation)Too Much Forum (333 reputation)Too Much Forum (333 reputation)Too Much Forum (333 reputation)Too Much Forum (333 reputation)Too Much Forum (333 reputation)Too Much Forum (333 reputation)
Thanks for the links! I of course checked the official AIS publications, so Im aware of the RA - but still the display in SK remains confusing
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
This requires some knowledge of how NOTAM work. At their most basic, all NOTAM consist of a coordinate and a radius: that is, they are a simple circle. If your route passes within the circle you need to take a closer look at the NOTAM text to determine whether it applies to you.

The text of this NOTAM describes a complex area with arcs, geoborders and straight lines. Because this is free text, SkyDemon does not automatically attempt to decode this into a visual representation because such decoding of plain English is subject to error. That is why on the SkyDemon map you get the simple circle. Instead, you must read the NOTAM and determine for yourself whether your flight passes through the described area and whether that would cause a hazard or prohibition to your flight.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search