Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Airfield Plate not available while in Flight

Author
psb777
Too Much Forum (994 reputation)Too Much Forum (994 reputation)Too Much Forum (994 reputation)Too Much Forum (994 reputation)Too Much Forum (994 reputation)Too Much Forum (994 reputation)Too Much Forum (994 reputation)Too Much Forum (994 reputation)Too Much Forum (994 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I'm getting close to my planned destination and I try and access the landing plate for the aerodrome [I have paid SD for a subscription] and, of course (duh!), I am not connected to the Internet and so the PDF cannot be downloaded.

There is a legal requirement to have the aerodrome plates for the origin and destination and alternate aerodromes IN THE AIRCRAFT. Already SD (web version) has the chart and the log.

I'm not sure there is an easy solution to this (unless I blindly miss the provided feature) but here are some ideas:

(1) Automatically keep on the device every airfield plate PDF ever looked at - or at least the ones for the current route.

(2) Included with the e-mail which can be generated from the Route menu (this is on Android but not the Web version) the airfield plate PDFs.

Thanks for a nice app.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
SkyDemon DOES keep cached all plates you've ever looked at. If you look at the plate before you take off (you do that as part of your planning) it will be available in flight.
psb777
psb777
Too Much Forum (994 reputation)Too Much Forum (994 reputation)Too Much Forum (994 reputation)Too Much Forum (994 reputation)Too Much Forum (994 reputation)Too Much Forum (994 reputation)Too Much Forum (994 reputation)Too Much Forum (994 reputation)Too Much Forum (994 reputation)
If you plan on the web or on your PC then the plates are not on your tablet.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
It is a very simple matter to open them on your tablet, or even to perform a "Download AIP/All" operation on there to make ALL plates for a region available offline.
Timothy
Timothy
Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)
I download the whole AIP for all the countries I am likely to visit, and update them every AIRAC cycle, as a matter of course. Tim has made this very easy to do.

Personally, I would like the process to be automatic, such that plates come through as they are issued, but I know that Tim is concerned about the server and bandwidth hit.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search