Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Denmark, EKRK, Copenhagen Roskilde vfr data missing (available in dk aip, but does not download)

Denmark, EKRK, Copenhagen Roskilde vfr data missing (available in dk...
Author
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
From memory (we're on the road at the moment) the airspace depicted in the charts has all actually changed, so does not match up with the current Danish airspace depicted on our own charts.
pesc
pesc
Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)
Hi Tim Happy traveling :-)
So who is right ?
and can i help you in any way the get the error corrected ?

best regards
peter
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
We are right, because our airspace data is drawn directly from the official definition in the Danish AIP. They have acknowledged that the VAC charts are wrong, it is simply taking them time to fix them.
pesc
pesc
Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)
Hi Tim
Thanks how about the missing landmass around the port of aarhus, as well as major changes in the motorways around the City ?

And just for good measure, easy vfr has the new landmass, BUT they also have 2 ndb's around ekah, that was removed at least
a year ago, and the do NOT figure on skydemons map. 👏😄

Brg
Peter
Edited 6/23/2014 6:41:28 AM by pesc
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
What missing landmass?
kholt
kholt
Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)
the port of Aarhus (sea port, not airport) is missing. You have the cranes as obstacles, but they are placed in the water. Look at Google maps or Google earth to see it.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
It's there, as far as I can tell. We don't have all the docks, I suppose, but I don't see that as a problem for aeronautical maps. As you say, we have relevant obstacles in the database.
kholt
kholt
Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)
Hello

Could you please give us an update on the missing plates for EKEB, EKRK, EKVD, EKPB and EKRS? We haven't heard anything for the last 2 months.

I would like to know what exectly is wrong with the plates found in the Danish VFR Flight Guide?

Regards
Karsten Holt

Rob Hart
Rob Hart
SkyDemon Team (9K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9K reputation)
Karsten,

I have been regularly emailing an AIM manager at Naviair about this matter, and although my contact there has not been able to tell me when the charts will be replaced, she is completely aware that Naviair are publishing documents that do not reflect the current legal airspace. I have repeatedly explained that this is a significant safety concern for us and requested that the erroneous documents be removed until correct ones can be published.

The charts that I have raised concerns about are:
EKVD, EKEB, EKPB, EKRH, EKRS, EKRK

For example, if you take a look at the VFG VAC that Naviair publish for EKVD, you will see that the lateral border for Billund TMA (B) and its vertical limits are completely incorrect. I double checked this against AIP Denmark ENR 2.1 to ensure that the airspace in SkyDemon is faithfully replicated. You will also note that in ENR2.1, all Billund TMA airspace segments are class C, not class D as it says on the VAC.

For another example, check the VFG VAC for EKRS. In this image you can clearly see a sector of Kobenhavn TMA which no longer exists and is now actually part of Roskilde TMA.

Each of the other charts has a similar problem, either showing airspace which has been deleted, or not showing airspace which has been introduced by an AIRAC update. EKPB seems to primarily have problems with airspace on the German side of the border, but it is a problem nonetheless.

If you wanted to email Naviair in order to encourage them to resolve these problems faster, it would be most welcome.
kholt
kholt
Hi Rob

I appreciate your effort on trying to persuade Naviair to update faulty maps. But as I understand, the VACs embedded in SD is merely a grapical overlay on the main SD vector map. The airspaces is embedded in the main map, and will therefore show correct in Virtual Radar¨and in warnings.
The primary purpose of the VAC is to point out VFR entry points, VFR routes and non-fly areas (etc. towns nyt to fly over).
I would rather have a VAC with a faulty depiction of some airspace above than completely missing important information. Take EKRK as example. It is the busiest GA aiport in Denmark, often used by foreign pilots. It has 5 surrounding towns you must not fly over, and heavy fines are issued for violations, but this is only shown on the VAC, not the main map.

It is a well-known and longstanding issue that VACs are not updated together with changes in airspace. It was the same before Naviair took over the responsibility. So if you maintain your standpoint, SD users may have to wait for a very long time. I think you should reconsider this. As long as you forward information provided by officiel Danish authorities, SD can newer be blamed for faults in this information.

If you provide me with contact information on the person in Naviair, you are dealing with, I will try to follow up.

Regards

Karsten Holt

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search