Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Aircraft check lists

Author
bolkow
Too Much Forum (596 reputation)Too Much Forum (596 reputation)Too Much Forum (596 reputation)Too Much Forum (596 reputation)Too Much Forum (596 reputation)Too Much Forum (596 reputation)Too Much Forum (596 reputation)Too Much Forum (596 reputation)Too Much Forum (596 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Is there away of intergrating aircraft flight checklists within the SD prog?
Edited 3/17/2014 8:54:24 AM by bolkow
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
You can add PDFs as custom documents which are then available in the Document Browser, if you're using SkyDemon on an iPad. There is a page in the documentation on doing this, I believe.
adhawkins
adhawkins
Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)
I'd love a 'real' checklist to be available within SkyDemon, editable by the user, and with items you have to take a positive action to check off.

Primarily see this being useful on the ground (pre-start, before take-off, after landing and shutdown checks for example) as opposed to something I would call up in the air (the majority of items used in the air are from memory anyway).

Andy
bolkow
bolkow
Too Much Forum (596 reputation)Too Much Forum (596 reputation)Too Much Forum (596 reputation)Too Much Forum (596 reputation)Too Much Forum (596 reputation)Too Much Forum (596 reputation)Too Much Forum (596 reputation)Too Much Forum (596 reputation)Too Much Forum (596 reputation)
Hello
Yes a line by line check list for the usual preflight etc would be great so all the flight planning , Plogs, charts etc and then the check off lists can all be on the ios device .
Richard
dstro0101
dstro0101
Too Much Forum (245 reputation)Too Much Forum (245 reputation)Too Much Forum (245 reputation)Too Much Forum (245 reputation)Too Much Forum (245 reputation)Too Much Forum (245 reputation)Too Much Forum (245 reputation)Too Much Forum (245 reputation)Too Much Forum (245 reputation)
Hello,

I would also love to have an integration of custom checklists. it would be great if Sky Demon would give the opportunity to bind checklists to different states of the flight:

pre take off (just after start navigation): here I would integrate my TAXI, PRE FLIGHT checklists
after takeoff: AFTER TAKEOFF checklist
near destination: BEFORE LANDING

maybe it could be done like the Radio function when in flight mode

Cheers,
Daniel
Tags
seb
seb
Too Much Forum (449 reputation)Too Much Forum (449 reputation)Too Much Forum (449 reputation)Too Much Forum (449 reputation)Too Much Forum (449 reputation)Too Much Forum (449 reputation)Too Much Forum (449 reputation)Too Much Forum (449 reputation)Too Much Forum (449 reputation)
That´s a great idea!
ckurz7000
ckurz7000
Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)
I once shared that opinion. After talking to professional pilots who have to use these checklist systems every tome, I quickly changed my opinion. They are a pain in the a$$. Cool for the first couple of flights and obnoxious from then on. My advice: don't go there.

-- Chris.
Tags
radma011
radma011
Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)
The available user document section works fine as checklist storage. HOWEVER, in flight its pretty unusable, as I have to take many, many clicks to go there. A link via the long tap skydemon logo to the user documents (or even a own checklist button) would be great.
Perfect, of course, would be a genuine integration of personalized checklists inside the app which are quickly accessible. That be the last step to the paperless cockpit operation Smile
Harald
Harald
Too Much Forum (912 reputation)Too Much Forum (912 reputation)Too Much Forum (912 reputation)Too Much Forum (912 reputation)Too Much Forum (912 reputation)Too Much Forum (912 reputation)Too Much Forum (912 reputation)Too Much Forum (912 reputation)Too Much Forum (912 reputation)
You are obliged to use the checklist of your specific airplane,  so if you fly a 1973 Beech, you have to use the 1973 checklist for this particular plane. I have flown a lot of different planes and they all had their odd and very special checklists. I don't see a way other then the document browser and PDF copies of the paper POH you have to carry anyways. Yes, you could do some kind of general checklist, but they will not fit the purpose - as everybody will tell you from GNS430/530/650/750/1000/2000 experience can tell - there is this feature, but after a couple of tries nobody uses it.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search