Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SkyDemon Plan PC - US Charts

Author
bogopper
Too Much Forum (165 reputation)Too Much Forum (165 reputation)Too Much Forum (165 reputation)Too Much Forum (165 reputation)Too Much Forum (165 reputation)Too Much Forum (165 reputation)Too Much Forum (165 reputation)Too Much Forum (165 reputation)Too Much Forum (165 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi

I just updated my SkyDemon Plan to 3.0.4.0 and downloaded some new maps including the US maps...

The US base map loads file but the state map chunks do not seem to want to load. I have deleted the base map & tried again. And tried a few other combinations.

I was looking forward to planning my Florida trip, please help!

regards

Mark Turner
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)
Thank you, we have managed to locate this bug and have put a fix in place ready for the next version. There will be a new version published within a couple of weeks. If this is more urgent to you than that, please contact us via email and we will be able to get a beta version to you.
ckurz7000
ckurz7000
Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)
Tim, I will be flying in the US starting the second half of March. Will the fix be ready by then? If not, I would also opt for a beta version.

Thanks, -- Chris.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)
Yes, it'll be out before March.
Biggles
Biggles
Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)
I too had this issue. Thought I did a duff update Sad
If it is a known bug, may I suggest a new page for the forums called "known issues"?
This would save multiple postings of, and answers to, the same problem. People could check that page before posting. [I trawled the forums and even searched for "US chart updates" before stumbling upon this discussion. I was at the point of using the "contact us" page]
eg:
"KNOWN ISSUES" ; US state maps not loading. This is bug and will be fixed with the next update."
A "known issues" page would save staff and users a lot of time.
This seems such an obvious thing to do, I have a feeling it already exists, and I just do not know where to look....

I may be alone in this but I also preferred the old "charts updating" method, where you could see the individual chart-by-chart progress of charts being updated.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
It's rare that an issue of any significance exists for very long. The one in this thread was solved in today's update, for example. We could have a known issues page but it would be blank most of the time, and for the brief windows where there are known issues, we are very happy for people to look on the forum or pick up the phone to us, that's what we're here for.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search