Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Operating category

Author
T67M
Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have set up a number of different weight and balance profiles for the aircraft I fly, but I have recently come across a new type which is defeating me because it is certified in normal and aerobatic cateogries. I would like to have two polygons defined, one for each category, and for SkyDemon to say under which category the intended flight is to be carried out. I know some aircraft are certified in three cateogries (normal, utility and aerobatic), and/or have max landing weights below max take-off weight. Could these also be supported?

stevelup
stevelup
Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)
Group: Moderators
What about just creating multiple aircraft definitions with the different operating envelopes? Wouldn't that do the trick?
T67M
T67M
Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Quite apart from the hassle of keeping separate aircraft definitions in sync if things change (e.g. aircraft re-weigh), it wouldn't quite work as the category can change during the flight due to fuel-burn. Indeed, where the max-landing weight is less than MTOW, it pretty much HAS to change! What I was hoping for is to enter the passenger and fuel loads and then be able to quickly check whether I'm within the aerobatic category (or at what point along the flight I will enter the aerobatic limits) and can safely do a loop or two en-route.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search