Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

What I would like is...a better way of handling alternative routes

Author
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
It gets my vote too, because that's exactly how it already works!
Steve Turnbull
Steve Turnbull
Too Much Forum (898 reputation)Too Much Forum (898 reputation)Too Much Forum (898 reputation)Too Much Forum (898 reputation)Too Much Forum (898 reputation)Too Much Forum (898 reputation)Too Much Forum (898 reputation)Too Much Forum (898 reputation)Too Much Forum (898 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Ramscroft (12/04/2013)
I often plan a long route outside controlled airspace but have in mind short cuts through controlled airspace if granted. An example would be Southend to Nuthamptead. The long route is DCT LAM DCT BPK DCT. The short route goes direct via the Stansted overhead, if Essex radar let me.

What I would like to be able to do is to put both routes in my plan (and on my plog), so that I'm prepared for either. This is similar to the way alternate destinations are handled, a leg in the route that you might or might not fly, but obviously in the middle of a route instead of just at the end.

I would also prefer to have the ability to plan the route to the alternate. As it is now, it is just a straight line to the alternate but that may cross controlled airspace. It would be better if it were possible to put additional weigh points in the route to the alternate.

Ray

I discovered how to do this pretty well this week:

Plan the route assuming no zone transit and go flying!

After approval for zone transit is given, press and hold on the far waypoint that will be en route for your journey past the zone transit. Select the waypoint itself from the pop up menu and select Route Direct.

You now have a direct route to the other side, but missing the waypoints they have asked you to route via!

Press and hold on the chart where you have been told to route via and select the lat long from the pop up, now select "Insert between Waypoints" you now have your entry point and can fly towards it.

Repeat the above step for the exit point from the zone and you now have a route tracking through the airspace as advised by the atc. On leaving the zone, it will route towards the waypoint in the distance and your original detour to avoid airspace will have been deleted.

Cheers

Steve
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search