Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

sample for georeferenced plates

Author
GeKaiser
Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I'd like to purchase the DFS VFR AIP Subscription here for the coming season, but I don't want to buy a pig in a poke.

How or where can I test the new feature? Are there any free, georeferenced plates available for SD at this time?
- I tried the austrian plates, but they seems not to be georeferenced
- same with czech airports
- AFE, Pooley's and DFS plates are georeferenced but not free

Georg

GeKaiser
GeKaiser
Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)
After reading Tim's "Happy New Year from SkyDemon" mailing from last night, I found many georeferenced plates in the french map.
Very nice feature! Thank you!
aeroecho
aeroecho
Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)
Hi Georg,

I purchased on the 1st of January (first good resolution of the new year) the DFS VFR plates and can confirm to you that they are georeferenced.

Best whishes,

Julien

GeKaiser
GeKaiser
Dear Julien,

thank you for your help! One more question: Can you use the DFS Plates on several systems at the same time?
E.g. plan your trip and print the plates on your PC, transfer to iPad and then use them for navigation purposes? (=one license for two machines)

Georg
aeroecho
aeroecho
Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)
Hi Georg,

What I can say is that when you get a SkyDemon licence, you'll be able (i) to use their Desktop software (for PC) (which is quite nice to prepare your flight) and (ii) also to use the iPad Skydemon APP (all at the same time with one SD licence).

If you additionnaly purchase the DFS VFR Plates, you will have access to such plates on the desktop version of SkyDemon and on the iPad.
On the desktop version, you can download the plates in PDF format (save them and/or print them).
On the iPad version, they will be stored on your device and georeferenced. You can therefore access them at any time directly from SD ipad app.

I hope this helps,
Best regards,
Julien
GeKaiser
GeKaiser
Hi Julien,

perfect! Thank you for the details! Now I sure to buy the DFS plates from Skydemon in April as soon as my Airnavpro subcrition for the plates is over.

Cheers
Georg
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search