Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Mag Track

Author
b
Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Tim Dawson - 7/19/2010 9:31:57 PM
Magnetic track is a fairly pointless piece of information, and isn't one we've ever heard a request for in the PLOG. What instrument in particular do you have that wants to know magnetic track?

Magnetic track is actually the single deciding factor for the semi-circular rule - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_level#Semicircular/hemispheric_rule

So my "workflow" at the moment to get this information is to check the skydemon plate from nearby airports to get the magnetic variation, and add/subtract from the true track, which is unfortunate because it could very easily be added to the plog.

I confess I'm a bit surprised so little people cared about it till now, are people generally not caring about the semi-circular rules?

EDIT: Oops, I read the rest of the thread after posting and saw that now there's an option for it, so I just have to find it. Is it available on mobile also? I don't have access to my tablet just now... anyway, if it's on the tablet, it's enough. Thank you!

Edited 9/2/2021 7:45:39 AM by bashope
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
bashope, this thread was ten years old.
Too Much Forum (361 reputation)Too Much Forum (361 reputation)Too Much Forum (361 reputation)Too Much Forum (361 reputation)Too Much Forum (361 reputation)Too Much Forum (361 reputation)Too Much Forum (361 reputation)Too Much Forum (361 reputation)Too Much Forum (361 reputation)
I found this thread via google search Smile

Is there any way to quickly change between true/magnetic track just like for height/altitude in the instruments panel?

Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)
177 - 4/10/2022 3:28:32 PM
I found this thread via google search Smile

Is there any way to quickly change between true/magnetic track just like for height/altitude in the instruments panel?

You can set the Plog up to display true and magnetic and it is only on tap away.

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search