Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Flightplan export from iPad to SD possible?

Author
ckurz7000
Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
SD rocks! It does what needs doing and keeps getting better with each release. I really appreciate how responsive and transparent Tim is to our suggestions and wishes. Please keep it up. This forum swayed my decision toward SD vs. PocketFMS.

Now, here is the actual question I have:

I have a panel mounted MGL EFIS that takes flightplans via a removable SD card. When away from home I use my iPad to plan flights in SkyDemon. But as of now I have no way of loading the gpx flightplan to an SD card which I could pop into the EFIS. I do have an SD card adapter for the iPad but no way of storing things on it from within the iPad itself. Doing it via iTunes and a PC/Mac doesn't help as I don't have a laptop with me when I'm away.

This maybe more of a question regarding the iPad than about SD. Would SD be able to somehow support this? Do I need to jailbreak my iPad? Anybody in the knows???

-- Chris.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search