Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

IPAD suggestions

Author
steinardo
Too Much Forum (6K reputation)Too Much Forum (6K reputation)Too Much Forum (6K reputation)Too Much Forum (6K reputation)Too Much Forum (6K reputation)Too Much Forum (6K reputation)Too Much Forum (6K reputation)Too Much Forum (6K reputation)Too Much Forum (6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have a few suggestions for future development of the IPAD software:
  • Position information is given as cardinal letters and distance from nearest known location (e.g. 10 miles W of 'Location') which is convenient during flight. However, if an emergency should appear, would it not be desired to be able to report a position (could not find that option myself...?). If not already available, one option could be to tap the position field to change between GPS lat/long position and cardinal letter references.
  • It is very useful that height is available when tapping the altitude field. But suggest a different color or similar to more easily be alert that it is showing height and not altitude. Or - auto-return to alt after x seconds.
  • .flightlog files cannot be opened from Dropbox etc. on my Ipad. It works well for .flightplan files, so could the association with SD to .flightlog files also be established?
Thanks for a great program.

Steinar
steinardo
steinardo
Too Much Forum (6K reputation)Too Much Forum (6K reputation)Too Much Forum (6K reputation)Too Much Forum (6K reputation)Too Much Forum (6K reputation)Too Much Forum (6K reputation)Too Much Forum (6K reputation)Too Much Forum (6K reputation)Too Much Forum (6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
A few more question/comments for IPAD navigation.

• I was flying at the lower border of Oslo TMA at 4500ft and SD was telling me back and forth that I was in and out the TMA. What is the threshold for entering and leaving airspaces?
  • Could/should there be a "silent" landing mode? When on final ENJB there was a lot of messages of notams, sporting areas etc. that felt annoying. (yes - I know I could probably turn of the sound - but it was plugged into my A20s).

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search