Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

iPad Navigation - Airfields disappear on zoom, Bug?

Author
terrylp
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Has anyone else experienced this?

When I SD on the iPad on 1:500000 without zooming in / out using the pinch functionality all airfield are present and correct. The same is true if if then zoom in or out using the + / - on the bottom left of the screen.

However, if I zoom in or out using by pinching the map when I loose smaller airfields, even only when zooming out to 1:505000. If I pinch and zoom back in to 1:500000 the airfields do not reappear. If I pinch and zoom to 1:495000 the airfields reappear, though go again if I pinch and zoom back to 1:5000000. If I press the + / - at any point and zoom back to 1:500000 they airfields are there.

Seem like maybe a bug with the pinch zoom?

I was looking at airfields around Wickenby.

Thanks
Rick Goddin
Rick Goddin
Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)
I have found something similar. I cannot see Sandy, Plaistows or Sutton Meadows on my charts. They were there yesterday and the system "FIND" recognises them.

Others may also be missing. (edited to add, Newton Peverill also missing)

This happens at all zoom levels.

regds

Rick Goddin WFAeCWhitehill Farm Aero Club
Edited 5/27/2012 9:35:46 PM by Rick Goddin
stevelup
stevelup
Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)
Group: Moderators
I can see all of those fine...

Try Map Layers > Airfields > Min Runway Length and make sure it is 'Not Set' ( press - as far as it will go ). If you set a minimum length, and the runway length is unknown by SD, then it will disappear.

With regards to the behaviour when zooming, labels will appear and disappear depending on exactly where they are on the screen and whether they clash with other things - it's quite organic. Just try pinching some more...
Rick Goddin
Rick Goddin
Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)
Steve, that has done the trick!

Many thanks

Rick Goddin WFAeCWhitehill Farm Aero Club
Edited 5/29/2012 10:34:03 PM by Rick Goddin
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login