Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Help!!!!!!!!!! Just cant seem to install.

Author
Frankc1
Too Much Forum (469 reputation)Too Much Forum (469 reputation)Too Much Forum (469 reputation)Too Much Forum (469 reputation)Too Much Forum (469 reputation)Too Much Forum (469 reputation)Too Much Forum (469 reputation)Too Much Forum (469 reputation)Too Much Forum (469 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Sorry if this is the wrong section of the forum, could not see where else to post.

Ok. I have bought the Sky-Demon software and got the Licence file, but will deal with that later Smile

So I have decided to download the trial software first then alter the Licence later. So my problem is getting the trial software to work.

Tried several things to get this software to work on my friends mobile device. Some of the things I have tried inclued:-

1. Downloading the software installer on to my PC. Then Downloading the software via the installer onto my pc. Running Sky-Demon. Installed the Uk Maps. Going to Set-up - Device Connectivity Options - Device Options - Install SkyDemon Mobile on a new windows CE device - Selecting my micro SD car - Watched it install on the card - Removing the SD card from the computer and putting it in the mobile device. Going to setup on the mobile device. Selecting the path to the SKYDEMON.EXE file. Coming out of setup. Pushing the nav button. Watched the egg timer for a while. SkyDemon screen appears. Pressed the I Agree button. Screen opens up ................... I get the basic screen but instead of maps and Icons I get a cross x in their place instead.

I have been into the device. Clicked the settings globe at the topleft. Gone down to and loaded the UK maps. Saved.

My WinCe version is 6.

This software will run on my pc and I can also run the software from the mobile device on my PC via the USB line. ( I tried installing it on the card directly instead of the PC, I removed all traces from PC when I tried this.)

The maps and Icons must be there as I can see them when I run the software on the device on my pc, just cant see them when they are on the mobile device.

I am sure there is some obvious step or setting I have missed. Tried this now on two devices with the same result.

So what am I doing wrong guys? I am sure one of you clever chaps must know!!
Edited 4/18/2012 10:22:14 AM by Frankc1
Frankc1
Frankc1
Too Much Forum (469 reputation)Too Much Forum (469 reputation)Too Much Forum (469 reputation)Too Much Forum (469 reputation)Too Much Forum (469 reputation)Too Much Forum (469 reputation)Too Much Forum (469 reputation)Too Much Forum (469 reputation)Too Much Forum (469 reputation)
Sorted. For those of you newbies having the same problem its simply that the unit is not picking up a signal.

Hope this helps someone else out in the future. Smile
pink leader
pink leader
Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)
Reasons for No Signal could be either you are inside a building with very thick walls and so satelltes not visible. OR... you need to change the com port via GPS settings on mobile device.

david
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search