Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Android Flight Planning - Request

Author
Clearofcloud
Too Much Forum (372 reputation)Too Much Forum (372 reputation)Too Much Forum (372 reputation)Too Much Forum (372 reputation)Too Much Forum (372 reputation)Too Much Forum (372 reputation)Too Much Forum (372 reputation)Too Much Forum (372 reputation)Too Much Forum (372 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Love using the planning option on the iPad but an Android version on my phone would put the nav option in the small cockpit.

Any chance of a "not before" time frame??
Henny Joosten
Henny Joosten
Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)
Android version is coming for Skydemon! Super. I can't wait.

http://www.skydemon.aero/extras/sdprototype.jpg
Tags
Henny Joosten
Henny Joosten
Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)
Android version is coming for Skydemon! Super. I can't wait.

http://www.skydemon.aero/extras/sdprototype.jpg
Tags
E-gun
E-gun
Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)

I know it is like religion - you have to be careful - but I dare say:

SkyDemon running on an iPad mini is a fantastic constellation.
Small enough to fit in any cockpit. Big enough to utilize all capabilities of the software and very easy to use.
Instead of using resources developing the software to run on Android it would be better to use the effort to make a very good package even better.

E-gun

jc
jc
Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)
You have to realise that there are lots of people who just don't like Apple. They prefer the openness of Android. Hence the large number of requests to the SD Team for an Android version.The Nexus 7 I have bought in anticipation of Android SD performs perfectly.
As soon as the Android version is available my iPad will be on Ebay.Smile
Tags
madgav
madgav
Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)
True, but it's about more than just a dislike of Apple. An android version opens up the possibility of using SD on many other devices costing as little as £150.
To get even an ipad mini with in-built GPS you need to buy the wifi+3G version, so close to £450 then w00t
Of course the wifi only ipad can be used albeit with an external GPS, but then care is needed to select one that Apple "allow" to use with the ipad...... and they aren't the ones costing £20 on ebay either......
Also remember there are people out there (myself included) who already own one or more suitable Android devices and don't fancy shelling out £450 for an ipad that (excluding SD) just does pretty much the same thing!
I don't see why SD can't be developed/improved on both platforms. Can't wait to try out the Android version on my HTC Sensation and Galaxy Tab2 10.1.
Edited 3/7/2013 3:35:37 PM by madgav
jc
jc
Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)
You have hit the nail on the head with your Apple 'allow' comment. If I buy a product I don't want the maker telling me how I can use it.
Tags
Henny Joosten
Henny Joosten
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search