Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

iPad Mounting

Author
jbsolutios
Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post, but now that SkyDemon for iPad has been released I would like find a good mounting kit for the iPad in my Cessna 172.

T67M
T67M
Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)
I'm probably the wrong person to comment as I don't often fly Cessna light singles, and I don't own an iPad, but the pictures you've linked to look like the iPad ends up obstructing the elevator and rudder trims, and fuel selector. OK, so in most flights none of these controls are critical, but in an emergency (such as an EFATO) I wouldn't want to be moving the iPad out of the way to make sure I hadn't left the fuel selector in the "off" position by mistake... It also looks like the iPad itself is buried a very long from the windows where your eyes should be most of the time - adding a quick glance at the GPS into your VFR scan is going to be next to impossible.

My personal belief is that 10-inch units are too large for most light singles. I use the 5-inch SkyDemon MD in my aircraft and it's plenty big enough to use while small enough to tuck out of the way easily. For use on the ground, the ability to use my 7-inch tablet would be nice, but I can do most things I need using the SkyDemon MD, the only notable exception being the inability to update weather and NOTAMs over 3G or even WiFi.

Bigger isn't always better.
Edited 2/12/2012 7:58:42 PM by T67M
Sky Junkie
Sky Junkie
Too Much Forum (960 reputation)Too Much Forum (960 reputation)Too Much Forum (960 reputation)Too Much Forum (960 reputation)Too Much Forum (960 reputation)Too Much Forum (960 reputation)Too Much Forum (960 reputation)Too Much Forum (960 reputation)Too Much Forum (960 reputation)
I have a ram mount for the Ipad and Yes the Ipad is a bit bigger than mmost but I fly a PA28 and have the Ipad up right ie button at the bottom and it works great, you can lower it so that the instruments easily.

The mount was about £32 but the import duty and handling was almost the same!!

There are on ebay, uts a good quality product.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search