Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Obstacle and Terrain Alert/Warning

Author
EGHHFlyers
Too Much Forum (997 reputation)Too Much Forum (997 reputation)Too Much Forum (997 reputation)Too Much Forum (997 reputation)Too Much Forum (997 reputation)Too Much Forum (997 reputation)Too Much Forum (997 reputation)Too Much Forum (997 reputation)Too Much Forum (997 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi all,

Tim asked me to post this as a topic for discussion.

As you are aware users currently have the ability to set vertical clearance in ft, abeam clearance in distance and time to obstacle for the alert warming with alarm to be activated.

The alert will clear automatically if the above is no longer a threat or cleared by the user.

Alerts once cleared by user are not be repeated even if the pilot for some reason continued tracking to the threat .

I agree that for airspace and other informational alerts a repeat alert once cleared would become a pain in butt but for obstacle and terrain I believe it would be a safe feature to have.

My suggestions is that this particular alert is repeated(maybe without alarm) if the current track still poses a threat maybe 1 min after the original warning. These alerts should not be an issue most of the time if flying above MSA but I am sure there are times when MSA is not possible and low level VFR is required due to weather etc. We are all aware of how busy the workload can be in certain situations and by clearing a RED DANGER Alert while dealing with other tasks could for some reason or another be forgotten. We are all human and mistakes can be made....safety first etc. Having a second alert can only be a good thing. This might not be requirement for all but I would like to see this added in future versions as an option for users to select.

Whats everyones thoughts?

Darren
pink leader
pink leader
Too Much Forum (48K reputation)Too Much Forum (48K reputation)Too Much Forum (48K reputation)Too Much Forum (48K reputation)Too Much Forum (48K reputation)Too Much Forum (48K reputation)Too Much Forum (48K reputation)Too Much Forum (48K reputation)Too Much Forum (48K reputation)
I like this idea. In fact what about being able to toggle repeat alerts for any of the possible alert types>

D
nje
nje
Too Much Forum (43K reputation)Too Much Forum (43K reputation)Too Much Forum (43K reputation)Too Much Forum (43K reputation)Too Much Forum (43K reputation)Too Much Forum (43K reputation)Too Much Forum (43K reputation)Too Much Forum (43K reputation)Too Much Forum (43K reputation)
I also think it's a good idea to repeat the warning, but agree with pinkleader that being able to toggle it for individual choice would be even better
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search