Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Possible to synchronize SkyDemon between an iPad and an iPhone? Mirror function?

Possible to synchronize SkyDemon between an iPad and an iPhone? Mirror...
Author
André
Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi!
I thought I already posted this question, but I can’t seem to find it…

I am a PPL-A student, flying a C-172. I have an iPad pro 12,9 and an iPhone pro 15 max. I like the size of the iPad, but realize it is too big to permanently hook up in the Cessna so I am Ram mounting the iPhone to the left side windshield with a suction cup. This works great, but I would also like to benefit from the bigger screen of my iPad.

Is there a way to synchronize SkyDemon between the iPhone and the iPad?

I am not talking about saving routes and loading them on the secondary unit, but having both in “go fly” mode, see the plane moving over the map, and when changing something (eg. enroute altitude, the planned route etc.) this will be pushed and automatically updated on the other unit. This way I can use the iPhone as the primary “always on” device, and when I am able I can put the iPad in my lap and use SkyDemon as if I was on the iPhone. This would make it easier to:

- Scribble / use the scratch field with my finger, noting frequencies, squawk codes, limitations etc. on the iPad
- Better experience navigating on the iPad’s bigger screen
- As the iPad can’t be mounted / stay on all the time, I get the benefit of having the iPhone always on and help me navigating most of the time. The iPad comes up when on ground, when using autopilot etc.

Does this feature exist? If not, would it be possible to implement? Is it just me or do others see this a as a beneficial feature?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (642K reputation)SkyDemon Team (642K reputation)SkyDemon Team (642K reputation)SkyDemon Team (642K reputation)SkyDemon Team (642K reputation)SkyDemon Team (642K reputation)SkyDemon Team (642K reputation)SkyDemon Team (642K reputation)SkyDemon Team (642K reputation)
This feature does not currently exist. I don't think it's really come up much, if at all, over the years.
André
André
Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)
Thanks for the reply! 
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search