Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

How does HSI in skydemon works

Author
c
Forum Member (34 reputation)Forum Member (34 reputation)Forum Member (34 reputation)Forum Member (34 reputation)Forum Member (34 reputation)Forum Member (34 reputation)Forum Member (34 reputation)Forum Member (34 reputation)Forum Member (34 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi ..can anyone explain (pointwise) how the HSI in skydemon works wrt following..:
1. In screenshot 2: I have selected values to be magnetic instead of true so that the value shown in my DI in the aircraft (screenshot 1), matches with the value shown in HSI (at top) in skydemon..Now, the track M value shows the same value as heading, which means skydemon doesn't know the effect of wind and values of tracks and heading are always shown to be same..
A. Now, pink ribbon shows the heading to be flown to next waypoint..I am already following that but then why isn't my trajectory parallel to the pink line..?
B. What is the 103 degree value shown on the leg represent .?..I have checked the true track and that is even less (74 Deg) so this is certainly not that value .so what value is this..?..

2. In screenshot 3, when I adjust magnetic heading to 111, then finally trajectory is parallel to track but ribbon still shows 91...

3. In screenshot 4: I tried another leg now..here , here ribbon correctly shows the heading to follow to proceed to next waypoint unlike the screenshot 2 case, but still what is 075 on the leg stand for..?..

4. If I manually add wind values or chose real weather in the flight sim, will still skydemon show same values for track and heading..?..or now , will it show the different/actual values for heading and track..?

5. Is there any way to show heading (including wind) to be showed on the ribbon in HSI in skydemon, so I can just follow that on the DI in my aircraft...?..(and avoiding any wind and drift calculations)..

Regards..

Attachments
screenshot 1.jpg (89 views, 106.00 KB)
Screenshot 2.jpg (82 views, 977.00 KB)
Screenshot 3.jpg (67 views, 897.00 KB)
Screenshot 4.jpg (65 views, 800.00 KB)
grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
chloroformaa - 10/27/2023 5:00:01 PM
Hi ..can anyone explain (pointwise) how the HSI in skydemon works wrt following..:
1. In screenshot 2: I have selected values to be magnetic instead of true so that the value shown in my DI in the aircraft (screenshot 1), matches with the value shown in HSI (at top) in skydemon..Now, the track M value shows the same value as heading, which means skydemon doesn't know the effect of wind and values of tracks and heading are always shown to be same..
A. Now, pink ribbon shows the heading to be flown to next waypoint..I am already following that but then why isn't my trajectory parallel to the pink line..?
B. What is the 103 degree value shown on the leg represent .?..I have checked the true track and that is even less (74 Deg) so this is certainly not that value .so what value is this..?..

2. In screenshot 3, when I adjust magnetic heading to 111, then finally trajectory is parallel to track but ribbon still shows 91...

3. In screenshot 4: I tried another leg now..here , here ribbon correctly shows the heading to follow to proceed to next waypoint unlike the screenshot 2 case, but still what is 075 on the leg stand for..?..

4. If I manually add wind values or chose real weather in the flight sim, will still skydemon show same values for track and heading..?..or now , will it show the different/actual values for heading and track..?

5. Is there any way to show heading (including wind) to be showed on the ribbon in HSI in skydemon, so I can just follow that on the DI in my aircraft...?..(and avoiding any wind and drift calculations)..

Regards..

The SkyDemon HSI is based purely on GPS track, it is not a heading indicator. The course line will be oriented to align with your planned track, and your displacement from it will be indicated by it being left or right of centre. SD will take account of forecast winds in generating a PLOG at the planning stage.

If you enable the track trajectory display in 'settings', once airborne you can use that to easily derive a heading to fly, and adjust when required.

Are you flying a real aircraft, or a sim? In either case, I suggest sitting down wirth the user manual and getting to grips with how SD works and the features it offers, and the answers to these questions will become apparent.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search