Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

GPS signal

Author
A
Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,
I use SD with an iPad 3 and during the navigation I lose the signal (I do not use an external GPS) for a couple of minutes and the find it again with all the related issue because this is not a nice feature.
Somebody has/had the same issue with the signal?
I‘m thinking to buy a new IPad with an internal receiver but I‘m not sure to solve this kind of problem because I think that is related to the receiver and the loss of signal with the altitude and maybe an external one is better.
Thx

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I would look at using one of the traffic receiving devices such as uAvionix SkyEcho2 or a PilotAware Rosetta.

These have an internal GPS which will provide a location to your iPad running SkyDemon, as well as allowing you to display traffic in SkyDemon.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search