Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Unable to read description in Route-> Open menu

Author
m
Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Ipad mini, portait

I'd suggest its more a defect than feature request, but when opening a route, you can;t see the full title. 

Gerhard66
G
Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)
marioair - 11/28/2022 11:19:18 AM
Ipad mini, portait

I'd suggest its more a defect than feature request, but when opening a route, you can;t see the full title. 

?
A screenshot would be helpful…

marioair
m
Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)

Descriptions too long and truncated with ….
Can’t see which one I’m selecting
Would be nice to long press to see full Description or soft wrap etc
Adam Erchegyi
Adam Erchegyi
Too Much Forum (395 reputation)Too Much Forum (395 reputation)Too Much Forum (395 reputation)Too Much Forum (395 reputation)Too Much Forum (395 reputation)Too Much Forum (395 reputation)Too Much Forum (395 reputation)Too Much Forum (395 reputation)Too Much Forum (395 reputation)
marioair - 12/1/2022 5:36:26 PM
Descriptions too long and truncated with ….Can’t see which one I’m selecting Would be nice to long press to see full Description or soft wrap etc

You name it as you wish while saving. Just name it shorter, ie. airport codes

marioair
m
That’s not really a solution
Firstly SD automatically populates with full name so you’d have to delete it and type out the ICAOs
Second it’s not user friendly to have to remember the ICAO
third, I have additional text for example to note if a route is IFR or VFR or OCAS

The change being requested is to “fix” the fact that you can’t see the full description before selecting it
grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)
I saw this aspect early days in using the tablet, so pretty much from the start I have followed the convention of prefixing the route name IFR or VFR followed by the Departure-Destination pair separated by a single hyphen with no spaces, and my home field always referred to by ICAO. That deals with the majority of my routes.

Having said that, I think the idea of a long press to display the full route name is a good one, and I would have thought would be reasonably easy to incorporate without major disruption.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search