Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Using Multiple Devices

Author
fdemon
Too Much Forum (370 reputation)Too Much Forum (370 reputation)Too Much Forum (370 reputation)Too Much Forum (370 reputation)Too Much Forum (370 reputation)Too Much Forum (370 reputation)Too Much Forum (370 reputation)Too Much Forum (370 reputation)Too Much Forum (370 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
The web site says you can use SD on two pcs and two mobile devices. 

I have just bought a new tablet to run SD but would like to keep the old one as a back-up. I also have a copy of SD on my phone. 

Can you confirm the limit of two devices is two active at any moment; you can switch between more devices as long as only a maximum of two are logged in? 

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)
fdemon - 11/17/2022 5:38:37 PM

I have just bought a new tablet to run SD but would like to keep the old one as a back-up. I also have a copy of SD on my phone. 

Can you confirm the limit of two devices is two active at any moment; you can switch between more devices as long as only a maximum of two are logged in? 

Yes. I have twoi iPads for navigation which I keep permanently logged in. I also have an old phone which use purely as a traffic display which I only ever log in from time to time just to update the chart and UK AIP just in case I needed to use it in an emergency.

fdemon
fdemon
Too Much Forum (370 reputation)Too Much Forum (370 reputation)Too Much Forum (370 reputation)Too Much Forum (370 reputation)Too Much Forum (370 reputation)Too Much Forum (370 reputation)Too Much Forum (370 reputation)Too Much Forum (370 reputation)Too Much Forum (370 reputation)
grahamb - 11/17/2022 5:46:34 PM

Yes. I have twoi iPads for navigation which I keep permanently logged in. I also have an old phone which use purely as a traffic display which I only ever log in from time to time just to update the chart and UK AIP just in case I needed to use it in an emergency.

I take it from that, if you did fire up your phone, you are confident that it would run as long as the iPad that caused the emergency was logged off.

Incidentally I tried AirMate and Easy VFR as my back-up option but both insisted on a later version of Android. SkyDemon however runs just fine on Version 5. Just another sign of SkyDemon's professional approach to software development.

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)
fdemon - 11/18/2022 12:52:13 PM
grahamb - 11/17/2022 5:46:34 PM

I take it from that, if you did fire up your phone, you are confident that it would run as long as the iPad that caused the emergency was logged off.

Incidentally I tried AirMate and Easy VFR as my back-up option but both insisted on a later version of Android. SkyDemon however runs just fine on Version 5. Just another sign of SkyDemon's professional approach to software development.

Yes. 

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search