Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Testing audio alerts (BT)

Author
P
Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi all, I use a Bose A20 headset with Bluetooth for audio alerts from Sky Demon and Sky Echo 2. Unfortunately as the battery in the A20 starts to run down the BT shuts down without any warning and audio alerts are then lost. When all seems to have gone quiet, I've taken to clicking on setup and Nav options then voice etc to check it's still working but this is a fiddly process to say the least whilst in flight. Is there a simple way to test the audio output without going through the setup menu? if not could a simple screen button be created to do that at any time?
Tony N
Tony N
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Pilotbob - 10/27/2022 10:58:42 AM
Hi all, I use a Bose A20 headset with Bluetooth for audio alerts from Sky Demon and Sky Echo 2. Unfortunately as the battery in the A20 starts to run down the BT shuts down without any warning and audio alerts are then lost. When all seems to have gone quiet, I've taken to clicking on setup and Nav options then voice etc to check it's still working but this is a fiddly process to say the least whilst in flight. Is there a simple way to test the audio output without going through the setup menu? if not could a simple screen button be created to do that at any time?

I also have SD audio alerts wired to my aircraft's radio intercom. Earlier this year I had an intermittent connection (jack plug to my smartphone) and also wished there  was a quick way to test the SD audio alerts when flying.
Not sure though how it could easily be incorporated, unless it was, for example, in the map orientation drop down menu...

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search