Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

IFR/Electronic Flight Bag

Author
E
Too Much Forum (65 reputation)Too Much Forum (65 reputation)Too Much Forum (65 reputation)Too Much Forum (65 reputation)Too Much Forum (65 reputation)Too Much Forum (65 reputation)Too Much Forum (65 reputation)Too Much Forum (65 reputation)Too Much Forum (65 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi
having all sorts of plates, textual descriptions and airport diagrams available at your fingertips is quite great without the need to print them out. However, they're very difficult to find again on a tablet computer, especially in flight. Is there a way to open (and keep open) a list of documents in a definable order? It's really hard to open the PDFs (which occasionally terminate SDs logging too)  at the appropriate phase of flight. 
Ideally, in the pre-flight phase I'd like to identify and have readily available all documents that I'd have to reference during the flight, from the SID to the approach plate and airport diagrams. Also the filters don't always appear to work - take EDDH as an example, filtered for DEP R33 the SIDs for 15, 05 and 23 are still listed amongst a total of close to 60 documents and require scrolling across. As of yet I haven't found an efficient way of locating the document I require whilst in flight (when your IQ has dropped 40 points anyway).
How are you using this? Maybe I can install a different reader on Android to keep more than one document open at any one time?

Adam Erchegyi
Adam Erchegyi
Too Much Forum (428 reputation)Too Much Forum (428 reputation)Too Much Forum (428 reputation)Too Much Forum (428 reputation)Too Much Forum (428 reputation)Too Much Forum (428 reputation)Too Much Forum (428 reputation)Too Much Forum (428 reputation)Too Much Forum (428 reputation)
ExternalUse - 8/16/2022 1:02:03 PM
Hi
having all sorts of plates, textual descriptions and airport diagrams available at your fingertips is quite great without the need to print them out. However, they're very difficult to find again on a tablet computer, especially in flight. Is there a way to open (and keep open) a list of documents in a definable order? It's really hard to open the PDFs (which occasionally terminate SDs logging too)  at the appropriate phase of flight. 
Ideally, in the pre-flight phase I'd like to identify and have readily available all documents that I'd have to reference during the flight, from the SID to the approach plate and airport diagrams. Also the filters don't always appear to work - take EDDH as an example, filtered for DEP R33 the SIDs for 15, 05 and 23 are still listed amongst a total of close to 60 documents and require scrolling across. As of yet I haven't found an efficient way of locating the document I require whilst in flight (when your IQ has dropped 40 points anyway).
How are you using this? Maybe I can install a different reader on Android to keep more than one document open at any one time?

Something like this?
http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic34445.aspx

ExternalUse
E
Too Much Forum (65 reputation)Too Much Forum (65 reputation)Too Much Forum (65 reputation)Too Much Forum (65 reputation)Too Much Forum (65 reputation)Too Much Forum (65 reputation)Too Much Forum (65 reputation)Too Much Forum (65 reputation)Too Much Forum (65 reputation)
Yes, exactly. I wouldn't have dared to put it into feature requests, believing I've probably missed something that others figured out already. I've "liked" your post there, maybe somebody has an idea. As of now, it's pretty useless with Instrument plates - I've recently seen the EFB features of Foreflight which are great for IFR but somewhat less intuitive for VFR which I also fly a lot of... Ideally I'd like to only pay one product...
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search