Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Serial Number in Aircraft profile

Author
Richard747
Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Please can you consider adding a Serial Number / MSN field to the aircraft profile.
Registrations change, (airplane) serial numbers do not. Once a S/N is entered it could become an uneditable field.
Ideally it would be formatted the same as the POH and as shown in G-INFO e.g. 28-XXXXX.

SD could then use the S/N to check the correct aircraft profile has been selected.

(Other apps such as POH Performance (C172, C182, PA28 etc.) use the serial number to check the correct POH version is used as the data source (usual caveats apply) for performance calculations.
It would also aid any future development of takeoff and landing performance to be built directly into SD, although I understand the reluctance for this very desirable feature). Thanks.
grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)
In the U.K., serial numbers do not change, as (with very few historical exceptions), registration marks are never reallocated once used
grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)
A further comment: are you aware you can create multiple profiles for the same aircraft reg?

I have two profiles for my aircraft, as I had it weighed in two different configurations (one in ‘cargo’ mode with the rear sear backs removed, and one in ‘standard’ mode with the rears seats in place for passengers’). With different W&B profiles, I use the correct one for each flight on the day.

If you really found yourself in the situation where you flew two aircraft with the same registration (theoretically possible on the N reg for example), you’d just need to include the types and serial numbers in the profile names.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search