Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Unable to see User Documents in a Huawei Tablet

Author
Boeingboy
Too Much Forum (106 reputation)Too Much Forum (106 reputation)Too Much Forum (106 reputation)Too Much Forum (106 reputation)Too Much Forum (106 reputation)Too Much Forum (106 reputation)Too Much Forum (106 reputation)Too Much Forum (106 reputation)Too Much Forum (106 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
For some time I've been using the UD facility to store .pdf copies of the Jeppesen charts for my home field and primary diversion. This has worked fine on a Lenovo tablet with the relevant folders stored in the (Android > Data > aero.skydemon.skydemonandroid > Files). folder. 

However I cannot get anything to appear in my Huawei back up tablet. Putting the files in the same place doesn't work. Putting them in as separate pages doesn't help. 

I've uninstalled and reinstalled SD. I've cleaned the system cache and cleared all stored documents twice. The only thing I can note is that being a 16gb drive it's now down to its last few hundred megabytes of memory so might be straining to cope. Also, that the Lenovo installation includes a 'cache' folder that the Huawei doesn't have. 

Not really an SD problem of course, but I wondered if anyone has solved anything similar on other products.
Thanks. 

Edited 5/2/2022 5:58:28 PM by Boeingboy
Boeingboy
Boeingboy
Too Much Forum (106 reputation)Too Much Forum (106 reputation)Too Much Forum (106 reputation)Too Much Forum (106 reputation)Too Much Forum (106 reputation)Too Much Forum (106 reputation)Too Much Forum (106 reputation)Too Much Forum (106 reputation)Too Much Forum (106 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Self discovered solution.

Some time back (long enough for me to forget doing so) I transferred SkyDemon to the SD card. The program runs from that location. The original files were retained on the hard drive and it was those I was placing my User Documents into, hence why I couldn't see them. 

Placing the charts into the equivalent folder on the SD card has resumed normal ops. 

Mods. Delete this thread if desired. 
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search