Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

User PDF’s

Author
G
Too Much Forum (212 reputation)Too Much Forum (212 reputation)Too Much Forum (212 reputation)Too Much Forum (212 reputation)Too Much Forum (212 reputation)Too Much Forum (212 reputation)Too Much Forum (212 reputation)Too Much Forum (212 reputation)Too Much Forum (212 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I wonder if any of the below already exist or could be considered:

(1) an easy way to transfer my Sky Demon user PDF’s from my iPad to my iPhone which both run Sky Demon

(2) a way to allocate user PDF’s to any specific airstrip or airfield I have on Sky Demon and not just to those airfields with an ICAO designator.
Edited 3/26/2022 7:25:58 AM by Gaznel
grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)
Gaznel - 3/26/2022 7:09:35 AM
I wonder if any of the below already exist or could be considered:

(1) an easy way to transfer my Sky Demon user PDF’s from my iPad to my iPhone which both run Sky Demon

Yes. Open the document from within SkyDemon on the iPad, and send it to the iPhone using AirDrop from the sharing menu. When you receive the document on the phone, SkyDemon will be one of the destination options.

I can’t help you with question no. 2. 

BJS
B
Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)
(1) as already mentioned, Airdrop is your friend.
(2) as long as Skydemon does not allow for custom designators, I don't see a way. technically it cannot be that complicated as the principal methods are already in place and may only need a reserved internal ID space for surfacing.

Gaznel
G
Too Much Forum (212 reputation)Too Much Forum (212 reputation)Too Much Forum (212 reputation)Too Much Forum (212 reputation)Too Much Forum (212 reputation)Too Much Forum (212 reputation)Too Much Forum (212 reputation)Too Much Forum (212 reputation)Too Much Forum (212 reputation)
Graham

1. Thanks for that advice. It worked very easily for my PDF user documents, which are now also on my
iPhone

2. As per point 2 of my original post, if Sky Demon can somehow programme SD to allow documents to be allocated to any airfield that would be good. As far as I am aware the only way to add info on SD at present to non ICAO aifields is via the “user comments” for an airfield but that then becomes public info. I did ask them a few years ago and I think there is some programming issue why this is not readily possible to do
Edited 3/27/2022 4:00:06 PM by Gaznel
Gaznel
G
Hi BJS

Thanks for that. Yes I suspect you are correct about point 2.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search