Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Send DEP message from App?

Author
bogopper
Too Much Forum (163 reputation)Too Much Forum (163 reputation)Too Much Forum (163 reputation)Too Much Forum (163 reputation)Too Much Forum (163 reputation)Too Much Forum (163 reputation)Too Much Forum (163 reputation)Too Much Forum (163 reputation)Too Much Forum (163 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi

I've tried to have a look through the help & this forum but not found anything.

Can I open my flight plan from the SkyDemon App after I take off?
My airfield now requires me to file a flight plan to operate after hours. They need the DEP message and suggest getting London Info to do it. I'm unconvinced they are going to be happy with this so if I can do it myself it would be ideal.

thanks

Mark

Adam Erchegyi
Adam Erchegyi
Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)
bogopper - 3/17/2022 7:49:55 PM
Hi

My airfield now requires me to file a flight plan to operate after hours. They need the DEP message and suggest getting London Info to do it. I'm unconvinced they are going to be happy with this so if I can do it myself it would be ideal.

thanks

Mark

This says it all: http://forums.skydemon.aero/FindPost34641.aspx

What's wrong with activating the FPL with Info? That's the 'regular' way to do it - except it's different in the UK than other parts of Europe.

BJS
B
Too Much Forum (161 reputation)Too Much Forum (161 reputation)Too Much Forum (161 reputation)Too Much Forum (161 reputation)Too Much Forum (161 reputation)Too Much Forum (161 reputation)Too Much Forum (161 reputation)Too Much Forum (161 reputation)Too Much Forum (161 reputation)
Adam Erchegyi - 3/17/2022 9:16:37 PM
Hi

thanks

Mark

This says it all: http://forums.skydemon.aero/FindPost34641.aspx

What's wrong with activating the FPL with Info? That's the 'regular' way to do it - except it's different in the UK than other parts of Europe.

It is nice of FIS on Info frequency to relay your DEP message to AIS, but depending on country nothing I would say is 'regular'. The VFR flight plans are by no means standardized as the IFR system, so I do not see a way to economically implement a message system like this in a software with such VFR focus as Skydemon?

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)

thanks

Mark

If you are operating out of hours London Info won't be busy, so I'm sure they'll welcome having something to do. I operate out of an uncontrolled field, and every flight plan I submit has to be activated either by (VFR) or through (IFR) London Info.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search