Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Runaway length info

Author
M
Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Tim Dawson - 2/3/2022 12:00:09 PM
Your example given is perfectly solved by Graham's suggestion, which is explicitly designed to help you find somewhere to travel to based on runway length. All the lengths displayed right on the map, with zero clicks required once they're displayed.

Hi Tim, thanks for suggestion, I know for that option - but it is not idea to get info thru airfield filters.

Maybe ( because of my profession, GUI designer ) my logic is different - to have useful infos in minimum possible steps ( or clicks ).
We think that runway ID, elev. & length is basic info which “naturally” belongs together, in one place.

But, of course, I accept that somebody else gave a different view.

Regards 

flyXtian
f
Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi !
I agree with the "quick glance" approach.

French VFR enroute charts, both from IGN/SIA and Cartabossy, provide a quick way to figure this :
- IGN/SIA : airfield icon depicts whether the longest runway is above or below 1000m. Less : blue outline, no runway symbol ; More : blue disk, cut out with a transparent shape showing what the main runway orientation is.
And 3 numbers are displayed below the airfield identification : elevation, frequency, runway length in hectometers (length = 1100m, figure shows 11)
- Cartabossy : airfield symbol changes when runway is less than 400m, between 400 and 1000m, and above 1000m (3 symbols).

Since there already are examples of "how to quickly know that in one glance", I think that concurs with the UX approach described by Marc.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search