Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Viewing elapsed flight time and distance

Author
b
Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I use SkyDemon on a Google Pixel 4a phone and during flights need to see time in the air so far, and distance travelled so far. Is there a way to view that? I've searched the UI but can't find it anywhere.
Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)
bulldogger - 1/22/2022 7:31:30 AM
I use SkyDemon on a Google Pixel 4a phone and during flights need to see time in the air so far, and distance travelled so far. Is there a way to view that? I've searched the UI but can't find it anywhere.

To see 'time in the air so far' I suggest that you:
1. Use your device's built-in stopwatch running in the background;
2. Use the aircraft's stopwatch, if it has one, or;
3. Use your wristwatch, if you have one (there are many aviation friendly wristwatches available at a reasonable price);
4. Use the Ruler Function (see below).

For 'distance travelled so far' I suggest that you:
1. Use the Ruler Function, which will provide Track, Time, Groundspeed and Fuel Consumption, or;
2. Divide Groundspeed by Time Elapsed.

Hope that helps.

Mike
, SD 3.16.13.0

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)

I guess this is a space/formatting decision, as on a tablet these items are shown in a bar at the top of the plog once under way.

BJS
B
Too Much Forum (179 reputation)Too Much Forum (179 reputation)Too Much Forum (179 reputation)Too Much Forum (179 reputation)Too Much Forum (179 reputation)Too Much Forum (179 reputation)Too Much Forum (179 reputation)Too Much Forum (179 reputation)Too Much Forum (179 reputation)

In usual installations flight time is most often a function of your transponder. Why do you want travelled distance instead of flight time?

Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)
grahamb - 1/22/2022 5:37:39 PM

I guess this is a space/formatting decision, as on a tablet these items are shown in a bar at the top of the plog once under way.

ETE Next/End and Distance Next/End are available in the top bar, but NOT elapsed time so far or distance flown so far.

Mike
, SD 3.16.13.0

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)
Sky Painter - 1/23/2022 10:22:48 AM

ETE Next/End and Distance Next/End are available in the top bar, but NOT elapsed time so far or distance flown so far.

Actually, I've looked again on an iPhone.

Once the flight has commenced, Flight Time and Distance flown ARE shown at the top of the PLOG. Try it, but if you are not actually moving, you will need to press the 'Log Off Blocks'

Sky Painter
Sky Painter
grahamb - 1/23/2022 10:54:45 AM
Sky Painter - 1/23/2022 10:22:48 AM

Actually, I've looked again on an iPhone.

Once the flight has commenced, Flight Time and Distance flown ARE shown at the top of the PLOG. Try it, but if you are not actually moving, you will need to press the 'Log Off Blocks'

Correct. I had overlooked the PLOG.

Mike
, SD 3.16.13.0

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search