Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SkyDemon route share with Garmin Pilot app

Author
Bealeyman
Too Much Forum (530 reputation)Too Much Forum (530 reputation)Too Much Forum (530 reputation)Too Much Forum (530 reputation)Too Much Forum (530 reputation)Too Much Forum (530 reputation)Too Much Forum (530 reputation)Too Much Forum (530 reputation)Too Much Forum (530 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have Garmin Pilot on my iPad mainly because it can accept a route from SD. The route can then be uploaded from Garmin Pilot to my GNS430W as this box has the Flightsteam 210 hardware attached. This is a very useful setup, complicated routes designed in SD can be uploaded indirectly to the GN430W, which if anybody is familiar with the GNS430W will know is a complete pain in the neck when it comes to defining a complicated route especially if it has a number of user defined turning points. 

These days I fly with SD and the GNS430W singing from the same hymn sheet so to speak. Brilliant.

However the route transfer SD to Garmin Pilot does not work smoothly all the time. About 50% of the time it requires two attempts maybe a third to share a route with Garmin Pilot that actually gets satisfactorily loaded into the 'Active' in the Garmin App. I never have to modify the SD route I only have to get back to 'Share' and press the button again and maybe again. Eventually BINGO. It might only take a couple of minutes so it is not really a problem compared to manually programming the GN430W which might take 15minutes or more, with your engine running of course so you don't flatten the battery doing manual programming.

I put this post in so as to ask for help which some pilots might have solved.  

Bealeyman
Bealeyman
Too Much Forum (530 reputation)Too Much Forum (530 reputation)Too Much Forum (530 reputation)Too Much Forum (530 reputation)Too Much Forum (530 reputation)Too Much Forum (530 reputation)Too Much Forum (530 reputation)Too Much Forum (530 reputation)Too Much Forum (530 reputation)
Bealeyman - 1/18/2022 6:00:35 PM
I have Garmin Pilot on my iPad mainly because it can accept a route from SD. The route can then be uploaded from Garmin Pilot to my GNS430W as this box has the Flightsteam 210 hardware attached. This is a very useful setup, complicated routes designed in SD can be uploaded indirectly to the GN430W, which if anybody is familiar with the GNS430W will know is a complete pain in the neck when it comes to defining a complicated route especially if it has a number of user defined turning points. 

These days I fly with SD and the GNS430W singing from the same hymn sheet so to speak. Brilliant.

However the route transfer SD to Garmin Pilot does not work smoothly all the time. About 50% of the time it requires two attempts maybe a third to share a route with Garmin Pilot that actually gets satisfactorily loaded into the 'Active' in the Garmin App. I never have to modify the SD route I only have to get back to 'Share' and press the button again and maybe again. Eventually BINGO. It might only take a couple of minutes so it is not really a problem compared to manually programming the GN430W which might take 15minutes or more, with your engine running of course so you don't flatten the battery doing manual programming.

I put this post in so as to ask for help which some pilots might have solved.  

Just thought to add... If you have a GNS430 in an a/c you are flying and you want to know whether it has a Flightsteam facility select flightplan page on the GNS430 and if there is a page 3 then you have a Flightstream  hidden away behind the console. 

dcoquelet
d
Too Much Forum (51 reputation)Too Much Forum (51 reputation)Too Much Forum (51 reputation)Too Much Forum (51 reputation)Too Much Forum (51 reputation)Too Much Forum (51 reputation)Too Much Forum (51 reputation)Too Much Forum (51 reputation)Too Much Forum (51 reputation)
Using Android Redmi Note 10 Pro, I've just tried to send SD route to Garmin pilot...unfortunetly this action only opens the Garmin Pilot app without any Flight plan..
Have you any idea to solve this issue..?

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search