Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Aircraft size

Author
T
Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Hello. The default plane icon is 18mm size. I'm new in SD, and haven't tried it in flight yet. In simulation mode, it seems to be large to me, and I don't know if it will be the ideal size in flight. What icon size do you use? ThX
grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)
Tenemike - 12/9/2021 1:08:45 AM

Hello. The default plane icon is 18mm size. I'm new in SD, and haven't tried it in flight yet. In simulation mode, it seems to be large to me, and I don't know if it will be the ideal size in flight. What icon size do you use? ThX

10mm works for me, across a range of tablets and phones.  Coupled with the ‘Time ahead’ trajectory display, it’s perfectly visible without obscuring essential detail.

Tenemike
T
Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)
grahamb - 12/9/2021 5:23:47 AM

10mm works for me, across a range of tablets and phones.  Coupled with the ‘Time ahead’ trajectory display, it’s perfectly visible without obscuring essential detail.

Thank you for your answer grahamb. In simulation I was traying 10 or 12mm, for the routes I use to fly. I think 18 it's ok only for long legs and open zoom, but too big for legs about 10 or 15 nm.

Davidojc
D
Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)
Tenemike - 12/9/2021 7:18:25 AM

Thank you for your answer grahamb. In simulation I was traying 10 or 12mm, for the routes I use to fly. I think 18 it's ok only for long legs and open zoom, but too big for legs about 10 or 15 nm.

Davidojc
D
Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)

Hi Guys 
No used the forum much before but just seen this post.
How do you change the plane icon size.
cheers Dave

Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)
Davidojc - 12/9/2021 11:42:32 AM

Hi Guys 
No used the forum much before but just seen this post.
How do you change the plane icon size.
cheers Dave

Settings > Navigation Options > Aircraft Size & Colour

Mike
, SD 3.16.13.0

Tenemike
T
The problem with reducing the size of the plane is that the traffic also becomes smaller, and it can become very small.
Tenemike
T
[cita]
[b] Tenemike - 9/12/2021 4:15:16 p. m. [/ b]
El problema de reducir el tamaño del avión es que el tráfico también se vuelve más pequeño y puede llegar a ser muy pequeño.
[/cita]

Considering for combined use with skyecho and visible traffic, what do you consider to be the ideal size of the airplane icon?

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search