Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Fixed aircraft position, moving map

Author
kowgli
Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Tim Dawson - 10/25/2021 9:57:28 AM
There's no way of doing what you're asking in SkyDemon, but what you are describing is not the way SkyDemon works either. You should find that your aircraft icon moves only a little way before the map redraws. It is for performance (battery usage) reasons, and works well. Unless you're staring at your device you shouldn't even notice it.

Please post a screenshot and describe the situation if you're noticing the aircraft move more than 15mm without the map updating. Note that if you're moving the map yourself, SkyDemon will pause the map following for 30 seconds and then resume.

Thanks for replying and clarifying this.
Do the 15nm depend on the zoom level or is it fixed? I mostly fly on high zoom levels. 

Would you ever consider adding such an option to have the airplane position fixed. At least for me battery usage is not an issue. I have the phone connected to a power bank or charger anyway plus a modern phone can take a few hours of highly detailed 3d gaming, so I don't think it would run out of battery.

For me personally the current view (disregarding if the map jumps every few minutes or not) is simply very confusing to use in the air. I really love many aspects of the app, especially the desktop version for flight planning, but in the air, for me, it could be better. I would love some work on:
1. How it draws (mentioned in this topic)
2. The not very touch friendly interface (especially when using on a phone, with one hand, in turbulent air). Would prefer something simpler with larger buttons.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Not 15nm, but 15mm. The aircraft symbol should only move 15mm across your screen before the map moves. This should be independent of zoom level.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search