Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SD with SafeSky

Author
David Johnstone
Too Much Forum (728 reputation)Too Much Forum (728 reputation)Too Much Forum (728 reputation)Too Much Forum (728 reputation)Too Much Forum (728 reputation)Too Much Forum (728 reputation)Too Much Forum (728 reputation)Too Much Forum (728 reputation)Too Much Forum (728 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Has anyone any experience with this new App. ?
Too Much Forum (361 reputation)Too Much Forum (361 reputation)Too Much Forum (361 reputation)Too Much Forum (361 reputation)Too Much Forum (361 reputation)Too Much Forum (361 reputation)Too Much Forum (361 reputation)Too Much Forum (361 reputation)Too Much Forum (361 reputation)
I don't remember exactly, but the last time I read about it - it picked up fewer targets compared to portable ADS-B (SkyEcho, Stratux EU).

But if you don't have one, this app would be better than nothing at all, imo.

Clive
Clive
Too Much Forum (631 reputation)Too Much Forum (631 reputation)Too Much Forum (631 reputation)Too Much Forum (631 reputation)Too Much Forum (631 reputation)Too Much Forum (631 reputation)Too Much Forum (631 reputation)Too Much Forum (631 reputation)Too Much Forum (631 reputation)
David Johnstone - 8/5/2021 1:36:33 PM
Has anyone any experience with this new App. ?

Yes, I am testing it here in Hungary and it works well, but there seems to be problems with the traffic data only displaying sometimes on Skydemon while being constantly available in Safesky. I am just starting a new thread to request help with this.

Phil Clarke
Phil Clarke
Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)

Clive - 10/20/2021 7:49:04 PM
Yes, I am testing it here in Hungary and it works well, but there seems to be problems with the traffic data only displaying sometimes on Skydemon while being constantly available in Safesky. I am just starting a new thread to request help with this.

Hi Clive,

That's interesting, as I just posted a question regarding SafeSky in an other thread ...
Would you please be a little bit more specific as how you actually connect SafeSky to SD? What boxes do you tick? I am flying in France an An-2 registered in ... Hungary!

Phil

Adam Erchegyi
Adam Erchegyi
Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)
Phil Clarke - 11/1/2021 7:45:21 AM

Clive - 10/20/2021 7:49:04 PM

Hi Clive,

That's interesting, as I just posted a question regarding SafeSky in an other thread ...
Would you please be a little bit more specific as how you actually connect SafeSky to SD? What boxes do you tick? I am flying in France an An-2 registered in ... Hungary!

Phil

in SafeSky you enabled GDL90 in the settings, in SD: Third party devices -> GDL90

Phil Clarke
Phil Clarke
Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)
Enabling GDL90 for free on SafeSky doesn't work anymore. Trying to do that will prompt a "You must be an early bird user to access this feature" and clicking "Join Now" will lead you to a subscribe page (€ 25 / year).

Adam Erchegyi
Adam Erchegyi
Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)
Phil Clarke - 11/6/2021 7:47:56 AM
Enabling GDL90 for free on SafeSky doesn't work anymore. Trying to do that will prompt a "You must be an early bird user to access this feature" and clicking "Join Now" will lead you to a subscribe page (€ 25 / year).

so?

Phil Clarke
Phil Clarke
Adam Erchegyi - 11/9/2021 10:59:30 AM

so?

So? Checking it out for -free- is not possible anymore. You gotta pay to see and if it doesn't fill your expectations, well ... too bad for you. Is your "so?" answered?

Adam Erchegyi
Adam Erchegyi
Phil Clarke - 11/9/2021 11:25:46 AM
Adam Erchegyi - 11/9/2021 10:59:30 AM

so?

So? Checking it out for -free- is not possible anymore. You gotta pay to see and if it doesn't fill your expectations, well ... too bad for you. Is your "so?" answered?

You will see the same traffic in SD (there are screenshots all over the internet how that looks) what you see in SK. What expectations exactly do you want to verify?
You wrote the point: 25 EUR for a year, just spend that few minutes of flying time equivalent and problem is solved...

Phil Clarke
Phil Clarke
Adam Erchegyi - 11/9/2021 2:22:32 PM

You will see the same traffic in SD (there are screenshots all over the internet how that looks) what you see in SK. What expectations exactly do you want to verify?
You wrote the point: 25 EUR for a year, just spend that few minutes of flying time equivalent and problem is solved...

This is all fine, just like the workarounds you're pointing at (screenshots to be checked on the internet). You may do as you wish, but I personally prefer to check the real thing by myself, like while flying modifying settings on my tablet and observing the result, without having to rely on promises ("you will see the same traffic ...").
Adam, you're missing the point about the price. Paying for a service or a product is fine as long as quality and cost are related, paying for a hope (i.e. a disappointing product) is not, no matter what the ratio is.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search