Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Listening Squawk/FMC on "What's Here?" (UK)

Author
DaveWhite
Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Is it feasible, when selecting "What's Here?", to displaying the appropriate Frequency Monitoring Code/Listening Squawk alongside the frequency (when the one shown has an associated FMC)?

I ask because travelling up the spine of the UK the other day I knew that there was an FMC for eg Leeds/Bradford but hadn't noted it down. It wasn't hard to get it from the PLOG (after a little searching), but it would have been even easier to have had it in parantheses next to the frequency in "What's Here?", which is where I initially looked.

Hardly a big deal, but it would be nice if it was possible.

Edited 4/27/2021 3:30:16 PM by DaveWhite
grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)
DaveWhite - 4/27/2021 3:02:33 PM
Is it feasible, when selecting "What's Here?", to displaying the appropriate Frequency Monitoring Code/Listening Squawk alongside the frequency (when the one shown has an associated FMC)?

I ask because travelling up the spine of the UK the other day I knew that there was an FMC for eg Leeds/Bradford but hadn't noted it down. It wasn't hard to get it from the PLOG (after a little searching), but it would have been even easier to have had it in parantheses next to the frequency in "What's Here?", which is where I initially looked.

Hardly a big deal, but it would be nice if it was possible.

Even easier than ‘What’s here’ when airborne, is touching the Radio tab, where the approaching FMC,  frequencies and time/distances to go are conveniently highlighted in Pink. 

DaveWhite
DaveWhite
Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)
Thanks, Graham.

Yes, I agree that's the definitive way to do it.  The suggestion was really to allow easy access to the information regardless of what method (PLOG, Whats' here? Radio tab...) the user chooses.

As I say, not a big deal but since I went looking in "What's here?" in the heat of the flying moment, that's what prompted the suggestion.

PaulSS
P
Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)
A 'friend' of mine would have to agree with you as he, too, found it a bit of a challenge during a recent flight to recall the location of the listening squawk Whistling
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search