Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

DIR To

Author
R
Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Maybe this item has been discussed before probably:
Although there are some work arounds to get there I would appreciate a single button DIR TO a waypoint. with leaving the balance of the flight there where it belongs. Just skipping the unwanted points in between.
Richard

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)
Richard Branderhorst - 3/5/2021 12:42:17 PM
Maybe this item has been discussed before probably:
Although there are some work arounds to get there I would appreciate a single button DIR TO a waypoint. with leaving the balance of the flight there where it belongs. Just skipping the unwanted points in between.
Richard

Have you tried the 'Take Shortcut' option on the waypoint's information pop-up?

That replaces the route up to that point with a direct leg, but leaves the rest of the route intact.

Richard Branderhorst
R
Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)Too Much Forum (118 reputation)
Graham, just checked again, with a test route and in flight mode, selecting a waypoint does not give "take shortcut", only "Route Direct. Pressing that one and it merely proceeds to that point, and skips all other points of the route.
grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)
Richard Branderhorst - 3/5/2021 2:40:07 PM
Graham, just checked again, with a test route and in flight mode, selecting a waypoint does not give "take shortcut", only "Route Direct. Pressing that one and it merely proceeds to that point, and skips all other points of the route.

Hi,

I've just checked again, and it definitely works if the waypoint is a feature on the chart. If it is just a random point with only a Lat/Long, then it doesn't seem to work- something I wasn't aware of.

Edit - if you call up the PLOG and touch the relevant waypoint, the 'Take Shortcut' option will be offered. I think the issue with Lat/Long only waypoints is trying to hit the exact spot with your finger tip.

I'm using an iPad, by the way.

Edited 3/5/2021 3:34:52 PM by grahamb
Richard Branderhorst
R
Graham, You are right, this one worked.
Nevertheless, it is one of these functions that after a while, when You need it in flight, You are puzzled again how to do it. 
I prefer intuitive ways, the most logical.

I use a Samsung tab 6 with an on board SIM card, very clear screen. Have it on a home made knee board, so not in bright sunlight.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search