Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Import Custom User Charts

Author
K
Too Much Forum (224 reputation)Too Much Forum (224 reputation)Too Much Forum (224 reputation)Too Much Forum (224 reputation)Too Much Forum (224 reputation)Too Much Forum (224 reputation)Too Much Forum (224 reputation)Too Much Forum (224 reputation)Too Much Forum (224 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
+1
Too Much Forum (399 reputation)Too Much Forum (399 reputation)Too Much Forum (399 reputation)Too Much Forum (399 reputation)Too Much Forum (399 reputation)Too Much Forum (399 reputation)Too Much Forum (399 reputation)Too Much Forum (399 reputation)Too Much Forum (399 reputation)

bumping the thread! Smile

This feature is very much needed for everyone

diogofcr
d
Forum Member (36 reputation)Forum Member (36 reputation)Forum Member (36 reputation)Forum Member (36 reputation)Forum Member (36 reputation)Forum Member (36 reputation)Forum Member (36 reputation)Forum Member (36 reputation)Forum Member (36 reputation)
I would also love this feature! It is indeed needed and very useful

I was searching for it and just saw this thread that got bumped yesterday 

Too Much Forum (399 reputation)Too Much Forum (399 reputation)Too Much Forum (399 reputation)Too Much Forum (399 reputation)Too Much Forum (399 reputation)Too Much Forum (399 reputation)Too Much Forum (399 reputation)Too Much Forum (399 reputation)Too Much Forum (399 reputation)
Bring the MBTiles file support, pleeease!

I just don't understand why it's a such a big deal... Just leave it to people and let them decide whever they want to import their data or not. Even Foreflight inside the walled Apple's garden support this (when they usually like to act like dictators and command to an end-user what's the best way of using iOS software):

BJS
B
Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)
177 - 1/25/2022 11:04:37 PM
Bring the MBTiles file support, pleeease!

I just don't understand why it's a such a big deal... Just leave it to people and let them decide whever they want to import their data or not. Even Foreflight inside the walled Apple's garden support this (when they usually like to act like dictators and command to an end-user what's the best way of using iOS software):

MBTiles would be perfect and yes I do use that on other solutions, but for me it would be also ok to use the current georef method with simple PDF.

a lot of people need this feature. 

don't ignore us, please!

Icare
I
Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)
There are none so deaf as those who will not listen !!!!!!!!
I'm still not losing hope that it will happen some day 🙂
miaelch
m
Too Much Forum (66 reputation)Too Much Forum (66 reputation)Too Much Forum (66 reputation)Too Much Forum (66 reputation)Too Much Forum (66 reputation)Too Much Forum (66 reputation)Too Much Forum (66 reputation)Too Much Forum (66 reputation)Too Much Forum (66 reputation)
I support the request for an import of custom user charts. For my use case, it should be possible to assign them to an airfield and to access them via the context menu of the airfield, just like the built-in/purchased approach charts.
jbmoens
j
Too Much Forum (158 reputation)Too Much Forum (158 reputation)Too Much Forum (158 reputation)Too Much Forum (158 reputation)Too Much Forum (158 reputation)Too Much Forum (158 reputation)Too Much Forum (158 reputation)Too Much Forum (158 reputation)Too Much Forum (158 reputation)
It is that time of the year when I think we should gauge again the appetite for the import of geo-referenced custom charts.

This is the one single feature a lot of us are still missing and would find extremely valuable. ForeFlight now has it for multiple years and people over there are using it a lot. @Tim: you may find that not only a significant part of your current users are interested into this but also that many users of other apps may be inclined to switch to SD when this becomes available.

Let’s push this to the top of the stack! Smile

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search