Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Import Custom User Charts

Author
s
Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
+1
bashope
b
Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)
Yes, please +1.

At our club, we are given the PDF version of the VFR charts in our country, but not being able to import them to SkyDemon is a big inconvenience. There's the possibility to buy them in SkyDemon, but I don't really want to buy something that I already have... so I end up just opening up the PDF with the tablet and using it as I would a paper chart... not so nice! Would be great to be able to import it somehow!

Too Much Forum (399 reputation)Too Much Forum (399 reputation)Too Much Forum (399 reputation)Too Much Forum (399 reputation)Too Much Forum (399 reputation)Too Much Forum (399 reputation)Too Much Forum (399 reputation)Too Much Forum (399 reputation)Too Much Forum (399 reputation)
Alright people, if we can push this thread to at least 3 or 4 pages, hopefully our request will be heard 🙂

pilot-byom
p
Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)
Maybe it helps to mention that even the StratuxEU OpenSource solution got .mbtiles capability to overlay any custom charts with v25?
a_aryanpour@yahoo.com
a
Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)
+1
bashope
b
Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)Forum Member (48 reputation)
177 - 6/13/2021 7:06:00 PM
Alright people, if we can push this thread to at least 3 or 4 pages, hopefully our request will be heard 🙂

Sadly, it seems hard to blow this up to 3/4 pages Smile It would be great to be able to overlay the PDF charts I get from the club, but honestly, my spatial awareness is good enough that I can switch to the PDF with the tablet in flight and navigate just fine. On the other hand, pretty sure the developer would be able to do this with ease, so not sure why this is not considered...

Oh well!

Kilian Swannet
Kilian Swannet
Too Much Forum (415 reputation)Too Much Forum (415 reputation)Too Much Forum (415 reputation)Too Much Forum (415 reputation)Too Much Forum (415 reputation)Too Much Forum (415 reputation)Too Much Forum (415 reputation)Too Much Forum (415 reputation)Too Much Forum (415 reputation)
I have seen this request made multiple times already, and each time the response is "this is not an often requested feature", so I am not sure what you consider "often requested". Especially considering the responses here I would say there is definitely an interest.

bashope
b
Kilian Swannet - 8/11/2021 1:22:26 PM
I have seen this request made multiple times already, and each time the response is "this is not an often requested feature", so I am not sure what you consider "often requested". Especially considering the responses here I would say there is definitely an interest.

Right. Could there be a conflict of interest since the alternative would be to buy the charts via SD? Maybe SD wants to push sales of the charts... but I'm not going to pay again for charts when I am entitled to them via my flying club, just to have them overlaid... what a pity.

henner_m
h
Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)
bashope - 8/30/2021 8:21:38 AM
Kilian Swannet - 8/11/2021 1:22:26 PM

Right. Could there be a conflict of interest since the alternative would be to buy the charts via SD? Maybe SD wants to push sales of the charts... but I'm not going to pay again for charts when I am entitled to them via my flying club, just to have them overlaid... what a pity.

This feature would be so important here in Germany, where there is no free AIP VFR. I find it absolutely unfortunate that I pay for the AIP and then I should pay for the charts in Skydemon again. It would be very helpful to include a georeferenced map yourself via the XML file (or another feature).

ge89
g
Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)
+1
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search