Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Swiss Geo Data / Images

Author
j
Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi
Swisstopo (Federal Office of Topography) will provide its official data and products online, free of charge and for open access use (from March 1st, 2021). Maybe a good source for official geo data and images of Switzerland to be integrated into Skydemon.

See for more details. 

Best regards,
Alain

manitou-project
m
Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)Junior Member (24 reputation)
Hello

It would be great to integrate the Swisstopo maps, as there is some information missing in the Skydemon map, for example the naming of the TMA 3 in Basel (LFSB) and the Bale Info frequency 134.680, where there is a tape running, which tells you whether the TMA is active or not. There is only 130.900 listed, but this is directly the tower, not a tape.

chrisn
c
Too Much Forum (280 reputation)Too Much Forum (280 reputation)Too Much Forum (280 reputation)Too Much Forum (280 reputation)Too Much Forum (280 reputation)Too Much Forum (280 reputation)Too Much Forum (280 reputation)Too Much Forum (280 reputation)Too Much Forum (280 reputation)
I'd be most interested in having the "official" places listed, since Switzerland wants the pilots to reference the places from the ICAO map.
When I see a town on SD map, I'm often not sure if that is showing on the actual map.

However, it seems they only provide a TIFF image of the icao map, and they don't seem to publish aero data in geojson format. 

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search