Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SE2 traffic warning false alerts

Author
Tony N
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Tim,

Just for the record, I am still getting the occasional false verbal alert of traffic way above my altitude.
Last incident was on Monday when in the circuit. Some aircraft was around 7000ft above me and overtaking at 300 Kt.
I am sure it was an airliner going to Gatwick or Heathrow.
I can probably find exactly what it was by checking one of the aircraft tracking websites
FYI, I upgraded my SE2 to the latest firmware a few weeks ago and am on SD version 3.15.3.22163.

It seems to occur more often when I am in the circuit, which is a bit of a distraction.
Thanks
Tony

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Interesting. I would still argue that it isn't a "false alert" though. If we are told that such an aircraft is (however briefly) descending towards you very fast, it is appropriate to say something about it. It's not clear what you would have us do differently about it.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search