Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

PLOG not so usable?

Author
c
Too Much Forum (244 reputation)Too Much Forum (244 reputation)Too Much Forum (244 reputation)Too Much Forum (244 reputation)Too Much Forum (244 reputation)Too Much Forum (244 reputation)Too Much Forum (244 reputation)Too Much Forum (244 reputation)Too Much Forum (244 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi!

I'm creating a flight from Zurich to Italy, and so far I always planned with SD, then made my own navlog. I'm trying to see if that step could be skipped.

I can't seem to remove the MSA from the plog, and it seems not so useful to me when flying through mountains. You fly through the valleys, cross at the passes (and SD shows the altitude of the pass, so that's helpful). E.g. at St.Gotthard, I see 6916 for altitude, and a MSA for 9900. Isn't that more useful for IFR than for VFR? 
If I'm planning to fly under a TMA, the MSA doesn't help either, and it also doesn't list the altitude of the TMA above me. I guess the virtual radar should help me there, but having it in the plog might be handy?

chrisn
c
Too Much Forum (244 reputation)Too Much Forum (244 reputation)Too Much Forum (244 reputation)Too Much Forum (244 reputation)Too Much Forum (244 reputation)Too Much Forum (244 reputation)Too Much Forum (244 reputation)Too Much Forum (244 reputation)Too Much Forum (244 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I now notice I can export a CSV containing the information, that's sweet!

If anyone has made something with that, I'd love to hear while I'm trying to figure out if it's usable.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search