Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Flight elapsed time and return to launch

Author
R
Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi guys
Still new to skydemon and learning.
I can’t seem to find two things I would have thought were simple nav aids during flight.
1. Total flight time... once launched I’d expect to see a flight timer, but can’t find one.
2. A return to launch indicator - I know it draws a flight “trail” in orange behind you as I move along, which I can technically follow back to the launch LZ, but as I’m a slow ultralight recreation flyer my flights are wandering, and when it’s time to return I’d like a simple straight line direction indicator and ideally a time to return to launch.
Are these things hidden somewhere I can’t find?

Thanks in advance
Tony N
Tony N
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I think you haven't planned any particular route.
If just flying around, create a route with a diameter of whatever NM you require. SD gives a selection.
That will also bring up any NOTAMs in your flying area and local weather from reporting airfields

Go flying and then when you want to get home, a long press on the SD orb. (top left of display).
Then select "Go To' for your home airfield and a track line will appear.

If you follow this method your in-flight timers (a row at top of display) will display time to destination etc.
You need to select the instruments first in the setup.

Hope this helps
Tony

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search