Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Option to not disconnect one mobile device

Author
pgroell
Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,
I know there is a limit to the number of mobile devices that can be connected at the same time with the same subscription.
I use a few different devices for planning (one IPad Pro, my Iphone, the PC..)  but in flight I only use my Ipad mini (which I rarely use for planning).
I would appreciate that the Ipad mini NEVER gets disconnected (it's not straightforward  to reconnect it on the airfield as I have to first enable 4G sharing with my Iphone, ....).

Maybe the option already exists but I did not find it.

Regards
Pascal

Edited 8/1/2019 4:22:12 PM by pgroell
vfr-uk
vfr-uk
Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)
I juggle three devices.
A big WiFi only iPad I use at home for planning.
An android tablet I fly with
An iPhone I fly with as backup.

I like your suggestion as I never want the android tablet not to work at the airfield.

I also suggested to skydemon I’d like the option to pay for use of three mobile devices (don’t use computers for planning generally) just to avoid constantly logging in and out, but that didn’t go down too well!
pilot-byom
p
Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)
Wasn‘t there the option offered to get a group or commercial license by special request for a bigger number of devices?
vfr-uk
vfr-uk
Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)
Just the offer to buy a business license instead - the cost/benefit of which didn’t make sense.
Happy to pay ‘a bit extra’ (bearing in mind I don’t use the desktop licenses) but not around double plus losing some benefits of the personal sub.

Edited 8/15/2019 9:56:03 AM by vfr-uk
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search