Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Export flightplans to SD card from new iPadOS

Author
t
Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)Too Much Forum (54 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi folks,
I would have following feature request:
as the new iPadOS will have bidirectional connectivity to i.e. SD cards a nice new feature would be to write flightplans in the two Garmin formats directly to SD card using the iPad. Would make it very convenient to import routes into Garmin avionics.
As this feature already exists within the PC version of Skydemon I assume this would not be a big deal, right?
What do you think?
Best
Talisa 

EU001939
E
Forum Member (36 reputation)Forum Member (36 reputation)Forum Member (36 reputation)Forum Member (36 reputation)Forum Member (36 reputation)Forum Member (36 reputation)Forum Member (36 reputation)Forum Member (36 reputation)Forum Member (36 reputation)

Now that the new IpadOS 13 is available, this would make a great addition to Skydemon for those of us using Garmin avionics.

There is already a workaround: you can share your flight plan and E-mail to yourself. Then in the received E-mail, you can select the *.fpl file and save it to the SD card.

When using directly the "Share as"  and then "Save to Files" in Skydemon , only the Skydemon specific format is used.

So I guess one way to get this solved is to ensure that with the "Save to Files" in skydemon, all formats are saved as is the case when you send an E-mail.

Any chance of this being in one of the next releases ?

Bajab
Bajab
Too Much Forum (303 reputation)Too Much Forum (303 reputation)Too Much Forum (303 reputation)Too Much Forum (303 reputation)Too Much Forum (303 reputation)Too Much Forum (303 reputation)Too Much Forum (303 reputation)Too Much Forum (303 reputation)Too Much Forum (303 reputation)
Cannot agree more with your request.
I had made a similar one a few weeks ago.
For all users of a G3X this would make our flight planning a lot slicker !

Wvb
W
Too Much Forum (140 reputation)Too Much Forum (140 reputation)Too Much Forum (140 reputation)Too Much Forum (140 reputation)Too Much Forum (140 reputation)Too Much Forum (140 reputation)Too Much Forum (140 reputation)Too Much Forum (140 reputation)Too Much Forum (140 reputation)
+1, would make life much easier!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search