Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Italian FMC area in Italy not explicitly shown

Author
Massimo Belloni
Too Much Forum (749 reputation)Too Much Forum (749 reputation)Too Much Forum (749 reputation)Too Much Forum (749 reputation)Too Much Forum (749 reputation)Too Much Forum (749 reputation)Too Much Forum (749 reputation)Too Much Forum (749 reputation)Too Much Forum (749 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
In 2018 FMC (Frequency Monitoring Codes) zones has been implemented in some part of the Italian airspace (of course in the most trafficated areas)

SD does take care of them, but (AFAIK, please correct me if I'm wrong) they are noticeable only in the radio menu during navigation, just indicating the squawk code and radio frequency when you're there. This means, of course, that these zone coordinates are well known to SD, but not explicitly shown in planning/navigation maps. 

Being them mandatory (with all the consequences they could have if you ignore them), I strongly believe they should be treated as any other airspace, where SD show them on the map (both planning and navigating), as well raise alerts when the aircraft is going to enter in these areas.

Here below quick maps of the FMC zones:

Massimo Belloni

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search