Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Anybody testet the new feature "fly-through in Google Earth"

Author
N
Too Much Forum (207 reputation)Too Much Forum (207 reputation)Too Much Forum (207 reputation)Too Much Forum (207 reputation)Too Much Forum (207 reputation)Too Much Forum (207 reputation)Too Much Forum (207 reputation)Too Much Forum (207 reputation)Too Much Forum (207 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Tim Dawson - 5/10/2019 10:25:27 AM
Michael, could you help us to reproduce the original problem you were having please? We need to fix it even if you've found a workaround. I just tried planning a route and saving straight as a KML but I found no problem. How do I see the problem?

As attached files you'll find a planned route (stored as SD Flightplan). I also saved it as KML-file.
Uploading of KML File is not possible....

Please note that the direction of flight is from east LOAV)  to west (LOWS).

Opening the KML file in Google Earth Pro shows the magenta line (left hand sidebar of GoogleEarth "My Places -Temporary Places" shows the route and two sub checkboxes Route Fly-Through and Magenta Line.

Left Clicking on Magenta shows on top of the left sidebar window below a button with a symbol of 3 (way)points linked with a line and a small triangle like a play button. Activating this button starts the fly through, starting at LOAV.

Left Click of the the Route-Fly through line brings another button on the sidebar with the cam and the play symbol. Clicking this button makes the virtual cam move to the end of the route (in this route LOWS). On the bottom of the screen (satelliteimmage) there is the small control panel with the back/play/forward button. Pressing play, the "cam" lifts a few meter and returns to its position on the runway. 

If you'd like to have the KML-file, pls post, how I can send it to you.

Best regards 
Michael

Attachments
VSTEST.flightplan (488 views, 7.00 KB)
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
I am asking you again to please contact our customer support about this. I cannot help you on this forum.
publicom
p
Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)
We do not only have to differ between the fly-through of a planned route and the fly-through of a track log.

It's also a difference between the Application „Google Earth Pro“ and the web-based „earth.google.com“.

Fly-through in the Application (at least on a Mac) does not work at all but I could manage to make the planned Fly-Through (magenta line) work on earth.google.com by importing the KML.
earth.google.com is still kind of beta and they are asking for feedback. I assume that Google will sooner or later give up the App in favour of the web service.

Problem: the tracked log KML has a different format than the planned one and I'd like to ask, if there's a way to maybe convert it, so the track can be used as a fly-through (which it actually is not)?
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search